Hughesnet Community

Cannot connect my HP LaserJet 1525 printer to my Hughesnet modem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlfj

Cannot connect my HP LaserJet 1525 printer to my Hughesnet modem

I need to connect my 1525 printer to my modem. Previously it was connected through a wireless access point but that died. I need to connect to the Gen5 modem. I have reset the printer back to factory defaults. It is possible, if needed, to connect directly via cable. My computer sees the modem just fine, but it cannot find the printer. Please help! Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

When that happens to me, I restart the computer, the modem, and the printer. I've also uninstalled the printer and then reinstalled it to the computer. Hopefully other people will have other ideas.

rlfj

I've done all that already. Maybe others have an idea. The printer works fine, so I don't want to have to buy a new one.

maratsade

I hope others will have ideas. I wouldn't want to buy a new printer either. EDIT: you may also want to try contacting the HP community.

kalacrj

I'm having the same problem with my HP Officejet 6700.  It worked initially, but briefly.  I've reinstalled, rebooted and tried everything I can think of to connect the printer with no luck.  I guess I made a mistake going back to HughesNet since there doesn't seem to be an easy solution to this problem.  

maratsade

Best thing you can do is ask HP about it. They have a tech support community.