cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell phone data vrs Satellite data

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Cell phone data vrs Satellite data

Didn't seem a problem to respond to this one as it was just a comment -- it'd be helpful if old posts were locked, though.

"Comparing cell data and satellite data isn't really asking for help which is what the Tech Support section is for."

Right, but people post tech support questions to the General Discussion section and they get answered. I think until threads are locked and someone moves post to where they belong this will continue to happen and the site will be messy.

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: Cell phone data vrs Satellite data

@maratsadewrote:

Didn't seem a problem to respond to this one as it was just a comment -- it'd be helpful if old posts were locked, though.

"Comparing cell data and satellite data isn't really asking for help which is what the Tech Support section is for."

Right, but people post tech support questions to the General Discussion section and they get answered. I think until threads are locked and someone moves post to where they belong this will continue to happen and the site will be messy.

Definitely not a big deal just very old post and seems to be "beating a dead horse" when comparing apples and oranges.

And a definite yes on they (mods) should really go through and close/lock some of these very old threads. I know this whole site is part time job for them though. Perhaps they have an intern or newbie who could do it.