Code 11.2.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Momofsunflowers
New Poster

Code 11.2.1

My internet went out around noon yesterday. Called tech support last night we restarted the router and they sent some codes. Nothing worked they told me it was the weather. Well sun has come out today and still no internet. Please help!
11 REPLIES 11
MarkJFine
Professor

Usually it's a weather issue with heavy rain or thick cloud cover, but could also mean there's an alignment issue or the dish transmitter is out. Using a device connected to the modem, are there any other codes being shown for the same time on this page?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

The only code is 11.2.1 a problem receiving data has occurred. Power light, LAN light, and wi-fi lights are the only ones on

Try unplugging the power from the wall, wait a minute, then plug it back in.

Wait a couple of minutes to allow the modem try to re-acquire the satellite. If it fails and shows the same code, you will likely need an authorized technician to come look at the dish alignment/radio.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I’ve done that 3 separate times today hoping it needed time in between but nothing has changed. It was just installed a week ago.

Unsurprisingly, if something's going to go wrong, it's going to happen within the first 20 days. They give you unlimited data for that period precisely to ensure the system is properly shaken out.

This will ensure the admin staff see this, attempt to connect to the modem just to be sure, and ultimately send a tech:

@Amanda 

@Liz 

@Hardy 

@Jay 

@Damian 

The dish is not braced properly on one side. It is only screwed in the vinyl not a stud. It is loose, I believe the strong wind yesterday loosened it more. We should get it off the side and onto a ground pole.

That would certainly do it.

Hi Momofsunflowers, 

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I appreciate the details, this helps; we can get you back online. I've created a dispatch for a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Saturday, Jan 26, 2019 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #118181733 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thank you so much!! Saturday works for us.

The dish network tech came out and got the service running but says it needs to be relocated to a pole and they did not have a pole. So please create a new work order to have this done.

Good morning Momofsunflowers,

Thank you for your update. I looked at your account and I see that you already have a dispatch scheduled for this morning: Monday, Jan 28, 2019 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. I hope the dish relocation goes smoothly!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!