cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant buffering on youtube

Highlighted
Spectator

Constant buffering on youtube

Router hard wired with cat 5..definition set at 480p..no other devices on..tests say everything is fine...still a YouTube movie is buffering every minute..why? What is the solution? Very very frustrating.
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Constant buffering on youtube

@oxbowfarm38

A couple of things to try..

First, try turning off, or pausing, the Video Data Saver to see if it helps with the buffering.  Though it normally shouldn't matter with 480p video, it might help.  What is Video Data Saver?

The second thing is to try another video or two.  I've had times where I can watch some videos with no problems at 480p, or even higher resolution with the Video Data Saver paused or off, yet I can't watch another video at 360p or even 240p without it buffering like crazy.  Why this is I don't know.  Perhaps slower servers for the ones having the problems?  Again, I honestly don't know why this happens. 

Last night I couldn't watch a three minute video about the Hillsborough Disaster in 480p, and with the VDS paused, without it buffering constantly, but I could watch both the Blade Runner 2049 trailer and an instructional video for installing a phone screen protector in 1080p with no issues, and with the entire trailer video completely loading before I was even 20 seconds into it.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Re: Constant buffering on youtube

Hi oxbowfarm38,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->