cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant connection errors still...

Highlighted
Freshman

Re: Constant connection errors still...

One PC, two laptops. Will mess around with it some more... It just displays “Unidentified Network”
Freshman

Keeps disconnecting every ten minutes this mornig.

Status goes to “Discovering the gateway” before it reconnects.
Assistant Professor

Mari wrote:
Keeps disconnecting every ten minutes this mornig.

Status goes to “Discovering the gateway” before it reconnects.

That's downright odd.  I'm sure one of the reps will address this, as I think they're the only ones that are going to be able to help with this type of issue.  

If you don't already, it would be a good idea to leave the modem on, even if you aren't using it, so that the reps can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment to determine what is wrong.  

@Liz @Amanda

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi Mari,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! We certainly would like to help address your concerns.

When you tried directly connecting to the modem via LAN cable with your three devices, was only one LAN cable used?

Please try a different LAN cable to directly connect to the HughesNet modem and let me know if the issue persists. If it does persist, please let me know the status of the LEDs on the HughesNet modem while directly connected.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

Well, I got my yellow Ethernet cable to work with a old windows 7 laptop.

My new fully updated windows pc still shows “Unidentified Network” with the same cable.
Freshman

Did a full network reset on this windows 10 pc. Now the windows troubleshooter says “No valid IP Configuration”.
Assistant Professor

Mari,

Being that your old Windows 7 PC connected without issue, it sounds like it might be something having to do with the new PC itself, but being that it's doing it with three of them, that's what is confusing.  

I found a website that discusses the "Unidentified Network" issue and gives a fix.  There's a few of them out there, but this one has a fix that looks pretty easy.  It may be worth a try...

https://www.teamknowhow.com/kit-guide/computing/laptops/dell/inspiron-13-5000/how-to-fix-the-windows...

Edit:  I was typing this reply while you were typing and posting your second recent reply, so I didn't see it.  With it now saying "No valid IP configuration" I don't know if the above fix will work.  It still couldn't hurt to try, but I'm even more stumped.  Perhaps someone with more experience than I will have better advice.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

Ok, downloaded new drivers off my motherboard manufacturers site. Works now!

Will see how the disconnect issues are on Monday directly connected via LAN cable. I do know some disconnects are the WiFi going out. Which is odd because it’s a foot from the PC!
Assistant Professor

Mari wrote:
Ok, downloaded new drivers off my motherboard manufacturers site. Works now!

Will see how the disconnect issues are on Monday directly connected via LAN cable. I do know some disconnects are the WiFi going out. Which is odd because it’s a foot from the PC!

One down, one to go!  LOL.  Glad you're able to at least connect now.  

With regard to your WiFi disconnecting, one possibility is the WiFi adapters in the computers are turning off to save power.  The following site has instructions on how to turn that option off in the WiFi adapter.  https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/wifi-keeps-disconnecting-or-dropping-out-on-windows-10-solved/    

Edit: Sorry if you're getting multiple email notifications of replies.  Every time I edit a post it sends another notification out.  I should pay better attention when I first post it.  LOL.  

Freshman

The tech that came out a while back said the red x’s on my uplink were likely on the HughesNet end.
https://imgur.com/a/VICf8

Any way for you guys to access the modem and tell what causes the uplink errors?