Constantly cutting out

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinlobb
New Poster

Constantly cutting out

Just got this service, and it is constantly cutting out, not any better than Frontier DSL, very frustrated and angry

1 REPLY 1
Damian

Hello @kevinlobb,

Thank you for contacting us and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. After running diagnostics, it appears the equipment is fully operational and the modem is receiving adequate speeds for your plan. I do see that some of the devices connected to your network have a fair signal instead of good. I recommend moving your devices closer to the modem for a better signal and speed.

Please keep in mind that this is satellite internet, and is largely used by customers who do not have access to cable-based or DSL ISPs such as Frontier. HughesNet speeds are fast for satellite technology, however, if you are accustomed to cable internet or DSL speeds higher than 25 mbps, the speed for HughesNet will feel much slower. This is due to latency. Latency refers to the amount of time it takes a packet of data to travel across a network. With satellite service, that data must travel up to the satellite and back (about 45,000 miles). This does create a greater delay that is not present with common terrestrial-based providers. In normal cable-based or cell tower services, the signal is ground-based which makes these types of services feel faster.

-Damian