cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continued, unresolved upload issues (1 year and counting). Upload speeds of 30kbps. NO SUPPORT FROM HUGHESNET! I'm tired.

Continued, unresolved upload issues (1 year and counting). Upload speeds of 30kbps. NO SUPPORT FROM HUGHESNET! I'm tired.

Continued, unresolved upload issues (1 year and counting). Upload speeds of 30kbps IF the connection is even strong enough for the upload test to run! No support from HughesNet!!  I have done all the standard troubleshooting tasks and tests, have dealt with clueless customer care reps for months, completed all of their "tests", etc...  Data upload is still so terrible that an upload test at TestMy.net won't even run 95% of the time.  Download is 15-20Mbps... Thats great.  But can't even send an email.  There is either a hardware issue or HughesNet is throttling our upload to the point it is broken.  HughesNet rep said I would need to find a local tech to come inspect and possibly service the satellite dish and that I would be responsible for paying that tech.  I'm currently paying HughesNet approximately $145/month for service that still doesn't work and they say I SHOULD PAY FOR A TECH....  I have numerous emails sitting in my outbox from multiple devices.  Upload just doesn't work.  I have to tether to my cellular service on my phone to be able to send an email....  What am I paying HughesNet for again????  This has been an ongoing problem for a year.  I understand that because of our home being rural our options are limited and I'm willing to pay the hefty price for decent ISP service.  Why won't they just help their high paying customers?  I'm trying to run my small business and these connectivity issues are costing me so much time and energy.  I've just about had all I can take.
31 REPLIES 31
Advanced Tutor

Re: Continued, unresolved upload issues (1 year and counting). Upload speeds of 30kbps. NO SUPPORT FROM HUGHESNET! I'm tired.

30 Kbps Up - no bueno. That can be fixed.

At $145/mo. you must have a Jupiter system Max plan, or a SpaceWay system business plan?

Is the modem white or gray?
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com

Re: Continued, unresolved upload issues (1 year and counting). Upload speeds of 30kbps. NO SUPPORT FROM HUGHESNET! I'm tired.

Hello Bonnie,

I see this is your first post here, so welcome to our community. We were able to locate your account using the e-mail you signed up with and will be running advanced diagnostics, reviewing notes and account history to see what else we can do to assist you. While we do that, I want to make sure we've covered all of our bases. Are you using a HughesNet email address and if so, are you using the website to send mail or a mail client like Mac Mail or Thunderbird?

Thank you
Amanda

Modem is Hughes HT 1100.  We have email clients like Outlook and Apple Mail, etc....  This is not a device or software issue on our end.  The data will not go out.  Email is just an example.  I can't upload 50kb documents to any cloud service, etc.  I've tested this with just a desktop connected straight to the modem.  TestMy.net won't even run an upload test!  Every server we try to connect to boots the connection attempt due to lack of response.
Advanced Tutor

At face value without more info, may be a bad radio.
Has anyone replaced it?

Also, same upload issue when you bypass your router with only one computer connected?

Sorry, know you may have been asked these questions before...

I unfamiliar with any radio equipment being repaired or replaced.  Yes, issue confirmed with direct ethernet cable to modem, bypassing router.

It is pathetic that anyone should be paying full price for unreliable service.
I have been having this service for 2 months, and yes it is not good.
My total incoming emails per day max at 4. My  phone most often ring once then go to message unit. These messages do not appear among the emails.
When I log into the email section, it goes through redirect and post data sometimes twice before opening.
Numerous attempt to get hughesnet to fix the problem prove fruitless.
Yes I am dissatisfied with the service.
Advanced Tutor

Edmund,

If you want help, it's best if you start a separate topic. Your problem is most likely not the same as Bonnie's, and your solution will be different.

Edmund, trust that we VERY much feel your frustration.  We are entirely past the point of 'venting' generally about the poor service.  I am needing to stick directly to my issues that are the topic of this conversation thread.  We feel your pain but please try to stay on topic in regards to my troubleshooting if you have input to offer.  Wishing you well sir!
Advanced Tutor

Bonnie, can you run the "Combined" speed test at http://testmy.net and post the results here?