cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curiosity

New Poster

Curiosity

I am a Hughes net customer and ever since they upgraded to Gen5 dual channel, I have the same issues as everyone else. I am not a very smart individual, but it seams that there is an issue with the Gen5 system, so it can either be that Gen5 is not all it is cracked up to be or they sold more subscription than the system was designed for. My suggestion would be instead of a dual channel system, make it a single channel system to handle the speed or upgrade the the dual channel to the same speed on both channels to handle more subscribers.  You will have to laugh, I just tryed to post this post and I received an error message the there was an issue with system and to try later.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor I

Re: Curiosity

"I am a Hughes net customer and ever since they upgraded to Gen5 dual channel, I have the same issues as everyone else."

What issues, and who is everyone? They have over 1 million customers.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@jimbuddy911 

There is no "dual channel" Gen 5.  The only aspect of Gen5 that is "dual" is the WiFi, with it being dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz), and you can disable one or the other if you'd rather only use one band, or both if you'd rather use your own router or no WiFi at all.  

If you're having speed issues, please see the instructions in this post.  If you're receiving errors while trying to use the net and you can still post here, please describe the errors you're seeing.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

Good morning jimbuddy911,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.