Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Server Errors

New Poster

Re: DNS Server Errors

Without actually being there Im at a loss as for what to do next. sorry

I know this is a really basic question and someone probably already covered it with you.  In your network settings do you have it auto detecting you IP address or do you have a address entered?
New Poster

Yes fluco99 it needs to be set to auto

I have had the router unplugged all morning, and It seems to be doing better!! I have only had two errors pop up for like a second, and then started loading fine. The error was something like SSL something It happened so quick and then started loading fine that I couldn't get a screen shot..
New Poster

Really sounds like a configuration issue with your belkin router. but Ive been wrong before Smiley Happy

Fluco99  I do have It set to automatically detect IP address!! Thanks for the help...

I'm beginning to think you are right! Do you think I should call belkin back and explain everything that's been going on? They told me It was configured right, but I have had It unplugged all morning and the computer is doing much better..
New Poster

Sarah I think they will tell you the same thing if you were to call, I will look up the setup for that router and we can walk you through it if you like
New Poster

First thing that catches my eye is that it has builtin Norton website filter, I would start by disabling it, 
New Poster

you should be able to access you router by typing 192.160.2.1 into you browser and that should open you routers webpage, if it asks for a username and password it should be on the label on the router