cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Cap did not reset. 0/100GB remaining.

Highlighted
New Poster

Data Cap did not reset. 0/100GB remaining.

So, I got into chat about this at 8AM this morning when the cap didn't reset, and after 90+ minutes of back and forth, numerous modem resets, reregistering, and an escalation to the Advanced support team, I still have no answer.   I got off with the Advanced Support Team at 9:44AM EST, and they were supposed to get back to me in 30-45 minutes.   They're 3+ hours late. 

I use this primarily for work, and the 2mb/second speed isn't going to cut it. The tech team gave me a 2gb data token to use while they fix it, but I've about burnt through it. 

Double checked with my bank, and the account was paid today, so I have no idea. I don't complain about slow speeds, random resets, or slower than advertised pings.  But If I lose a single day of work because of this, please collect your equipment. 

HN.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Data Cap did not reset. 0/100GB remaining.

Is this a business account?  This community is for residential accounts; for a business account you need to call customer service at 800-347-3272.  (EDIT: that said, the reps here sometimes are able to provide minimal help for business accounts).

Highlighted
New Poster

No, it's a residential account. 

Highlighted

Oh, good; that means they can help you.  How did you get 100GB, though? Max data package for residential is 50GB.

Highlighted
New Poster

Not in New York Smiley Wink https://www.hughesnet.com/node/102201

They run a special 100GB program here. 

Highlighted

Woot! Awesome.

Highlighted

Hi hk2001,

Thanks for reaching out and bringing this to our attention, that certainly is unusual. I've escalated this to our engineers who are looking into this now for you. In the meantime, we're sending additional tokens for the trouble, so you may receive an e-mailed order confirmation for the free tokens.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

Oh, good; that means they can help you.  How did you get 100GB, though? Max data package for residential is 50GB.

I have the same plan available to me.  I also have a 20/80 plan available, which is what I would go with.  It's $25 cheaper than what I have now and has 30GB more bonus data.  

But, there are a few catches with me already having HughesNet, unfortunately, so I havne't "taken the plunge".  Smiley Sad   

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Hi hk2001,

Thank you for your patience while our engineers worked on this. Your data has been reset now. I'm sorry this happened and caused you concern, I appreciate you bringing this to my attention so we could address this for you.

If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to drop by the community again.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Teaching Assistant

That plan is not offered in my area. That's ok.