cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Disappering

New Poster

Data Disappering

Two days ago I had 20gb of data and according to my usage history I have used 8.1gb of my data and should have 12.9gb of data left in my plan. Now according to my usage meter I have used 14.3gb of my data which is imposable. How can the usage history state one thing different than my usage meter? C.JPGa.JPGWhat is going on?

2 REPLIES
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Data Disappering

@whamm

A question.  Are you a new customer to Hughesnet, and was August 15th your installation date?

The reason I ask this is that during your first twenty days of service your data resets constantly, and the discrepency could be due to when the data resets ended.  The graph could be calculating data that was taken out while you were still within those resets, and that would not count once those resets stopped, nor be reflected in the circle graph on the "front page" of the Usage Meter.  It appears that, since the resets stopped, your usage would be the 5.6+ GB that the meter is reflecting, and that amount would be correct.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Senior Instructor

Re: Data Disappering

In addition to @GabeU's comment that the data resets for the first 20 days:

The "donuts" in the Usage Meter display update close to real time. Although the Usage History display will be accurate for all days prior to today, it's not accurate for data used today, because it's using a cached set of history data that's read the first time it's run that day, and not continuously updating afterwards.

I have made recommendations to fix that (and other things) in this thread: Recommendations for next version of Usage Meter

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.