Data being taken from wrong pool...again

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
curtis-m
Sophomore

Data being taken from wrong pool...again

This happened before but I didn't catch it until mid-month. Now I watch Hughes Status meter and my modem everyday.

My billing period started on the 5th. Since then I have downloaded approximately 1gb of youtube videos and have done so before 8:00AM MT. My Bonus data shows a draw of 87MB and my Anytime data shows a draw of 942MB. I would have caught this sooner but neither of these sources updated in time.

This is the second time this has happened. I do not live in the Central time zone. Please replace the 900MB taken from my Anytime data and move the 900MB draw over to my Bonus side.

Thanks.

Selection_027.png

7 REPLIES 7
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Looking at your system time of 6:33 am and the SCC meter stating that you are in the Bonus Bytes period for another 1:27 minutes it would appear that your clocks are in the proper sync. (Anytime 8:00am to 2:00am and Bonus Bytes 2:00am to 8:00am)

As a "usage" meter, the SCC readout is probably the least accurate of the three usage meters with it having a resolution of .100 GB (nearest 100 MB) but is subject to rounding errors.

One point to consider also is that a users refill date and their billing date may not coincide. Example, my refill is on the 24th, my bill generation date is on the 5th.

This a case where the latest update to the myAccount "history" display makes it much more difficult to determine in what hour period Hughes charged usage to.

Before the upgrade we had this:

RackMultipart20170110-119070-1s40a39-MyAccount_History_Meter_snip_inline.PNG

A user could have looked back in detail for the past 24 hours and determined if data had been charged to the proper "data bucket".

Instead we now have this:

Usage Periods.PNG

The above provides no information into what data bucket was charged during a specific hour and that is what this issue is all about.

Curtis, do you happen to have Glasswire installed on your computer?

I do not have Glasswire.

Because this happened before and because I didn't catch it until more than halfway through my billing cycle, I now log my downloads. I'm also careful not to do any downloads during regular hours until halfway through my billing cycle.

Yesterday, Friday the 10th, I downloaded approximately 400MB's of data before 8:00AM MT. I then left my house around 7:30 AM and when I left I shut everything down, including the modem. That 400MB's was charged against my anytime data.

It is now 7:50AM MT. This morning I watched a short youtube video. Apparently it was about 70MB's of data which was accurately charged against my Bonus data.

Hughes has the ability to check and fix this. They did it before but since I didn't catch it until late in my billing cycle, they only replaced 4gb of data. This time they just need to give me back about 900MB's of data and quit charging these draws against the wrong pool.

Monday, 03/13/2017

My usage seems to be coming from the proper pools of data now but there is still the issue of the 900MB's taken from the wrong pool.

Please move the 900MB draw from my anytime side to the bonus side.

Best, Curtis

Hi Curtis,

Thanks for posting, I'm glad to see you're now satisfied with how your data is being used. While we cannot "move" data from your Bonus Bytes to Anytime Bytes (or vice versa), I can and have sent you free tokens for the trouble. You may receive an e-mailed order confirmation for the complimentary tokens.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz,

Thank you. I did get the email. I'm not seeing these tokens yet. Where should I look?

Thanks, Curtus

You're welcome. You can find your tokens ready to use in the support center:

My Account > Usage > Buy Tokens

um.PNG

After clicking the "Buy Tokens" button, this screen will pop up where you can find your free tokens, just click the "Use" link to  transfer a token to your "Token Bytes Available" amount.

um..PNG

I hope that helps.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz,

Thanks for the roadmap. Found it.