cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data used when no devices connected to modem

Freshman

Re: Data used when no devices connected to modem

Yes, the usage meter is working.  I uninstalled program, deleted registry files ect and then reinstalled.  And yes, it was after I had reconnected the LAN cable and tried to download the status meter again.  The reps or tech support should be able to tell exactly how long the cable was connect, which wasn't very long.  And I'm not disputing that data usage.   The next isolation test is going to have to wait.  I've paid for data that I haven't used so I'll continue after it rolls over.  The other problem I have is that running the test for such a short amount of time doesn't address my issue.  As I have stated in other posts, the data leakage just doesn't occur on a single day. 

Freshman

LOL...So I'll take it that the bonus data used is useless because I reconnected the LAN during the early evening?  I thought the reps could tell what time the LAN was connected and disconnected.  If they checked, they could see that nothing has been connected during the bonus period and perhaps tell me what used my data.  That was the entire purpose of this exercise, was it not?   But no matter,  I will run the test again.  I just want to say this for the record.  When I run the test again and if it shows data leakage, am I going to be told that it's still something on my end or I have someone stealing my wireless (even though all 4 are off).  Why is it so hard to believe that I'm telling the truth on my data usage and what is connected to the modem?  I have yet to hear one rep or engineer tell me that a device is connected, but I've had several people tell me, including you Gabe, that it's my network or some sneaky device sucking data.  It's just like wanting me to have the date and time in the snapshot.  I'm not to be trusted by putting the date and time in myself?  I say this because the rep can see on the status meter how many days I have remaining and know exactly what day it is and I was told they could also see what time the LAN was disconnected.  Anyways, I will do as instructed again.

Distinguished Professor IV

@KenS

Whether you have plan data, Token data, or you are in FAP, the modem isolation test can be performed.  Because the test you ran has been tainted by reconnecting and using data, then not getting the screenshots until the next day, the test is not valid.  As stated, time and time again, the test needs to be done as instructed.  The instructions have been very clearly laid out.  

It's very simple, KenS.  Perform the test as instructed and post the snapshots.  Nearly two weeks of this. 

And I'm now done until that happens.  I'm not answering any more questions as to why this or why that.  The step by step test instructions are clear and easy to follow, and the test itself is very simple.  There should be no reason it's now running on almost two weeks and this simple test has yet to be performed and the results posted.  

Until then, good luck to you.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

This issue can be closed.  As of tomorrow I will no longer be a HN customer.  Smiley LOL   

Distinguished Professor IV

Good luck with your new ISP.  Smiley Happy  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Thanks for letting us know, Ken!

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.