Does DirecTV bundle with hughesnet? If so how do I get it
7 REPLIES 7
Professor

Re: Directv

Check https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/packages/internet

Seems you may need to call DirecTV.

New Poster

I did. I was on the phone for 30 minutes with someone giving me all the information about it then they switched me over to a hughesnet rep and they said they didn't have bundles. so do they or not??
Professor

The DirecTV site says they do.  Maybe a mod here can verify this for you. 

Hi Tracy, 

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. There are DirecTV and DISH bundles available to new customers, however bundles are only applied at time of sale. Hope that clears things up.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

New Poster

That doesn't sound reasonable, so all current customers with Directv or Hughes can't get a bundle price? All the current customers need to find new providers for TV or Internet? Directv and Hughes are willing to let their customer base go to another company? I know we're often treated like we should go away but this makes it seem so intentional. Hmmmm.......

Distinguished Professor III

@S_T_Y wrote:

That doesn't sound reasonable, so all current customers with Directv or Hughes can't get a bundle price? All the current customers need to find new providers for TV or Internet? Directv and Hughes are willing to let their customer base go to another company? I know we're often treated like we should go away but this makes it seem so intentional. Hmmmm.......

They're not trying to make people find other providers, but yes, the bundling can only be done at the time of service sign up.

And I don't think they're very worried about people moving on to other providers because they can't currently bundle.  Many customers who have both HughesNet and DirecTV, including myself, didn't bundle at the time of sign up.  I'm not going anywhere, and neither are they, or at least not that I've ever seen anyone indicate.  IMHO, it's a bit of a stretch to think they would.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

I have both HN and DTV, not bundled, and I'm not going anywhere.  I had Verizon bundled with something else and I was not happy with that at all, as it's not cheaper in the long run (and it was a nightmare to unbundle) so I'm never bundling services again. 

@GabeU wrote:

And I don't think they're very worried about people moving on to other providers because they can't currently bundle.  Many customers who have both HughesNet and DirecTV, including myself, didn't bundle at the time of sign up.  I'm not going anywhere, and neither are they, or at least not that I've ever seen anyone indicate.  IMHO, it's a bit of a stretch to think they would.