cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dont ever get HughesNet

Highlighted

Dont ever get HughesNet

I was a new Hughes Net customer about 2 weeks ago. When I first talked to someone on the phone about it. they told me all this stuff I would get with Hughes Net like 50gb per day between 2am - 8am. When installed I looked up things on the internet about Hughes Net on wiki about who owns it and stuff and everything the rep told me was a lie because that's only per month. Well I called back. We can give you $10 off your bill. Said OK and thought about it. Called back again to ask them why Web Browsing isnt on, because the rep the first time told me that it would be on all the time so that it can use less data to go to certain websites that you visit frequently. That was a lie, it only kicks in when you use all your data, which don't make any sense. So I said the hell with it, if you are going to lie to someone about what you are selling, not once but twice why should you recommend it or even think about it. The third rep did all their power to keep me we can give you everything for 3 months for $60...no because Ill use all my data within the first 2 weeks because I download movies etc. If you cant give me what you are going to sell me the first time. Why in the hell should I keep it. So here's an idea for anyone ever thinking about Hughes Net...run the other damn way, wont install the dish where you want it, tech wants to put it where they want it...then on top of that, every rep you talk to will lie to you, the phone service sucks because every time I called someone they had to ask me 3 times what I said. Don't ever get the service because everyone one will just lie to you one what they are selling to you, if you have the opportunity and it may be slower speeds, choose another alternative. I have DSL and its only 3mps may be slower but least I know its unlimited data and none of my reps will lie to me.
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: Dont ever get HughesNet

It may be long guys/girls but please read it and pay attention closely
Highlighted
New Poster

Anybody that purchases a product or service solely on what the "rep" says deserves what they receive. I imagine every car salesman you purchased a vehicle from loved the experience.I have been with HughesNet for 10+ years and I knew what I was getting before I got it. Perfect? No! But better than any alternative I researched.
Highlighted
Sophomore

I can honestly say I was never lied to, I understood what I was buying before I signed up, and have been happy with the service. It's not cable, but it works well enough for my needs.
Highlighted
Sophomore

I've been a customer of HughesNet since 2002. There have certainly been issues through the years and customer service has at times been less than it should be. But for someone who lives off grid it works for me. Better than nothing.
Highlighted

Hello Rodney

We're sorry to hear about your experience and want to investigate. We do have the ability to listen or have most sales calls reviewed. Do you have a recent case number or the serial number on your account so that we can get started?

Thank you
Amanda
Highlighted

Been with Hughes a bit over 2 years I have no complaints it does everything I need it to.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Nice to see others jumping in saying they are satisfied with their service other than us "shills".  Smiley Happy

People simply don't normally come here to post they satisfied or happy with it. 
Highlighted
Sophomore

I will tell you one service that HughesNet provides that I am completely satisfied with: my phone service. Without Hughes, I would not have a telephone.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

This service is for those with no other option for high speed internet. If you have another option you should take it. It is also a capped (metered) service, if you can't deal with that then look elsewhere.

I'm fine with ~5 Mbps during prime time, can still watch Netflix and YouTube on low def with no buffering (does take a bit to load/start). If I want speed for downloading a large file then I wait to do it during off peak when my speed is often 20+ Mbps. It works fine for me but I am a shill, so I've been told.

http://testmy.net/quickstats/sgoshe