Hughesnet Community

Double Nat on xbox one even though I'm hardwired to gateway

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allenmunnerlyn

Double Nat on xbox one even though I'm hardwired to gateway

I've tried DHCP, port mapping and played with different ports and rebooting. sometimes it goes to moderate but changes back to double nat. I had Viasat before and never had this problem.

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

My understanding (EDIT: which might very well be totally wrong, so apologies in advance) is that the connection to the HughesNet network is double nat. It doesn't matter how you connect to it.  

I can get it to open or moderate but eventually it goes right back to double nat it's confusing

maratsade

I hope someone else will provide a much better explanation. I don't know much about the topic, only what I've read on this community from people who know. 🙂   Have you tried searching the community? 

Good morning folks,

Nice discussion, I checked with some folks internally about this to confirm: yes, the HughesNet connection is double NATted, that's just how it's configured. I hope that clears things up, I do apologize for any inconvenience our setup may cause.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

Thanks for clarifying, @Liz !

GabeU

@allenmunnerlyn 

AFAIK, though HughesNet is definitely behind a Double NAT, when connected directly to the HughesNet modem the Double NAT issue shouldn't be popping up.  But I could be wrong.  

Hopefully either a more knowledgable subscriber or a HughesNet rep will have some suggestions, though the reps won't be back on until tomorrow.

One thing I would try, if you haven't done so already, is turning off the Xbox, disconnecting its LAN cable, and then power cycling the modem.  By power cycling I mean unplugging it from the outlet, waiting about a minute, then plugging it back in.  Then, after waiting for at least five minutes to give the modem time to be fully back up and ready, reconnect the Xbox's LAN cable, turn it back on and try again.