cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Speed Problem Has Returned

New Poster

Re: Download Speed Problem Has Returned

My speeds are backdown again. Tests taken 02/07/17.
Sophomore

yeah, me too, not even 1 meg.  Out of curiousity, where are you located?  I'm outside of Springfield, Missouri.  I wonder if my beam is at capacity too

Hello Mr. Easterbrook!

So actually your situation and dhorwath's are the same, even though you are on different beams. Engineers have more planned expansions (basically making more room) in the next 2-3 weeks. This should affect both upload and download - I think I failed to mention that on dhorwath's thread. This should really, really help out. I will also provide you a credit same and dhorwath for the next 6 months. Please let me know if you have any questions. I will leave both of your threads open until the work is done so we can review your speeds again.

Thank you,
Amanda

Just a quick note.. Looks like you already had a 12 month discount - I've increased it by $5 and it will remain at 12 months

Thanks
Amanda
GW
Junior

Amanda, are they planning any expansions on beam 55?

It really is a waste of time and energy doing speed tests anymore but in the last month, the seven I have done range between 577 kbps and 27.5 Mbps.
New Poster

Amanda, OK, I will start retesting in a couple of weeks.
New Poster

Amanda,

I ran tests last night on testmy.net. Speeds are betwen 352- 500kbps, or 95-98% less than my HughesNet advertised plan. There have been absolutely no improvements in download speeds since my last post a month ago. No one from HughesNet enginerring has contacted me as I was promised when I was given my last case # on January, 26, 2017 (ref: #102475002). So I am requesting a HughesNet corporate rep call me on the phone so we can discuss this issue before I pursue any further actions in regard to this matter.

Thank You,Speeds 03_08_17 .jpeg

Instructor

seasterbrook,

There may not be much the engineering can do at this point in time, especially if you happen to be on an HN9000 modem (I couldn't remember if you are or are not).  It's probable that they will offer a free upgrade to you to Gen5 on Jupiter 2 in the next few weeks to put the speed issues into the past.  But, don't quote me on that.

I think that there may also have been delays on beam expansions...

Thanks,
C0RR

Personal Machine: ECS B85H3-M | Intel i5 4460 | 16GB DDR3-1333 | eVGA 750Ti | Samsung 830 120GB
Server: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 | AMD FX8350 | 32GB DDR3-1600 ECC | Intel Quad Gigabit NIC | IBM M5015 | 650w OCZ ZS PSU | eVGA LP 710 | 8x WD RE 4TB disks
New Poster

I have a HT1100 Modem and am on the PowerPro Plan that promised 10Mbs per second speeds... but I am getting less than 1 kbps in the evening. That has been happening for almost 3 years now. Hughesnet promised they would call me (a couple of months ago) and they did not. If they do not update me (call me) on my situation, and discuss their plans for meeting their contractual promises, then I have no choice then to re-open the case I filed with the Maryland Consumer Protection Division (last year). If I hear nothing by mid next week I will first attempt to talk to the Nancy, a Customer Care rep at corporate. I have her phone number from our discussions a couple of years ago. If that does not work I am going to attempt to call Pradman Kaul (HughesNet President), or at least speak with someone at his office. At the very least he will receive a letter from me as he did the last time this happened. Obviously I am fed up with paying this kind of $  and not getting what I was promised. I am even more fed up regarding the poor customer service communication I am receiving after given a case# (102475002) and being promised someone would call. So that's where I'm at. I will provide updates soon.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Download Speed Problem Has Returned- Case#102475002

Still after many months I have had no response to my case# (102475002). What is the point of a case# if no one responds?  I have not taken any action since my last post because after my last post I was informed a new satellite was going into service (Gen 5). Today I found out it was operational. So now what happens to my service, will it improve?... will HughesNet fix my speed issues? will they put me on Gen 5?  

or... do I still need to pursue this and file my complaints?... what I am looking for is a solution from HugehsNet now that it appears there are options to increasing download speed. After being a customer for 10 years I would hope HughesNet customer service would now try to resolve the issues I have been having for all these years.