cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download is too slow to stream w/o degraded (below default DVD quality)signal or frequent buffering.

kg
Freshman

Download is too slow to stream w/o degraded (below default DVD quality)signal or frequent buffering.

Can someone please help in improving our download speeds?  We just had service installed a month ago and have had consistently slow speeds in addition to the complete service outage.  I have run several tests via testmy.net.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

https://testmy.net/quickstats/keving 

9 REPLIES 9
Associate Professor

Re: Download is too slow to stream w/o degraded (below default DVD quality)signal or frequent buffer

Right now, Hughesnet can't really accept testmy.net results due to an issue that has come up, it's recomended that you use other test websites to confirm your speeds... Also, the link you provided doesn't work.

Freshman

Re: Download is too slow to stream w/o degraded (below default DVD quality)signal or frequent buffer

I am having the same problem only had service for two weeks. I got hughes to get out from under windstream thumb. But this is even worse. I Can not watch streaming videos on Hulu or Netflix without it buffering every 30 seconds. I have called customer service, they tell me someone from higher up will call me in three days. No callback. Call again, tell the rep speed test results from myhughesnet.com, he says hughes does not have a speed test, when I explain to him that I am on their support site. He hung up on me. Called back again got another rep went through all troubleshooting again and got hung up on again. Called back again went through all troubleshooting again. Said it was elevated to engineers, would receive call back in 24 hours. No call received. Tried to send email to tech support got error report which deleted email. Called again tonight told to wait another 24 hours. I am so fed up with this mess. Any help would be appreciated

kg
Freshman

https://testmy.net/quickstats/keving

Here is another try at a copy and paste of my test results.  Would really appreciate some help in getting the download speeds improved.

Thank you.

kg
Freshman

Still no resolution on this issue.  Have called in and talked with customer support.  They looked at my system and test results.  Made several changes and updates to my modem as well as other settings, but still not able to use HBO Go, Hulu, or any other streaming service without buffering every few seconds.  Netflix will run but with a signal/picture that is often well below DVD quality.  Does anyone have any information on if or when "primetime" speeds will improve?  Very dissatisfied in HughesNet to this point. 

kg
Freshman

What does it take to actually get a response from HughesNet?  Have tried to not get too over the top, but we are getting no help in improving our download speeds. Would someone that can actually help please reply to this thread to resolve this.  Have seen others apparently come to some successful resolutions, but of course, those resolutions are not shared with others.  What does it take?? @Liz

Tags (1)

Good morning kg,

Welcome and thanks for posting. As C0RR0SIVE suggested, testmy.net isn't reliable since a change they made on their end recently, so we'll need tests done at a different site. Speedtest.net will work fine for now, sorry for the inconvenience.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

The only time My service works even half way is in the day time when most people are at work. Anything between 8 and 10 forget watching Hulu or Netflix. They sent a technician over and he even said the service was unacceptable.
Freshman

The only time My service works even half way is in the day time when most people are at work. Anything between 8 and 10 forget watching Hulu or Netflix. They sent a technician over and he even said the service was unacceptable.
Tags (1)
kg
Freshman

Thanks for the reply Liz.  I'll try the other test site and post results tonight.  Hopefully something will be able to be done.