HughesNet Community

Downloads Failing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lanie Gail Moli

Downloads Failing

I'm pretty sure that we have plenty of high-speed data left, but for some reason, my Internet is very slow, even during 2:00-8:00 AM, when I have more gigabytes of high-speed data. I'm able to go to websites, use most apps, and check emails, but downloads keep failing. They start out well and slow way down until they just stop. What's causing this and how can I fix it?
3 REPLIES 3
Amanda

Hello Lanie,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. I see that this was posted two days ago, can you let me know if you are still experiencing the slow speeds or if everything is back to normal now? I know over the weekend some areas of the US got very bad storms, so this could have attributed to the poor connection if you or your gateway were in affected areas.

Thanks,
Amanda
Lanie Gail Moli

Hi. The problem still seems to be happening. I just tried to start a download and my computer downloaded about 4.3 KB and then stopped. It seems to be stuck on 0 b/s now.
Chris11
Alum

Hi Lanie,

When did this first start happening? Can you think of any significant changes you've made on this specific device? I'm guessing it only happens on one computer. However if it happens on others please let us know. Trying a different browser could give you different results too. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
Chris