Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Mail Server Terminating Connection

mk2
Sophomore

E-Mail Server Terminating Connection

Hello again everybody,

I posted about a week ago regarding our emails not sending. This started after an update to Windows 10. Folks were kind enough to respond, indicating we needed to change incoming and outgoing ports. We did so, and that fixed it. I closed the post as answered. However, we now cannot send emails with a large attachment, like a picture. The following error pops up, indicating the server has terminated the connection. Is this the situation everyone else seems to be having? Any ideas?

Thanks again for your support, and stay safe out there.

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Subject 'Lake Superior Cabin Sketches'
Server: 'SMTP.HUGHES.NET'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 465
Secure(SSL): Yes

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Re: E-Mail Server Terminating Connection

Surprised anyone still has Live Mail installed... The program lost support from Microsoft over 5 years ago.

Anyhoo, try adjusting the timeout setting, I think default is 2 minutes, try to set it to 4, or 6 minutes.

See this topic for some information on adjusting the timeout settings, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-email-send/windows-live-mail-error-0x...

That aside, Live Mail IS an old, not supported email client, if you are really using it, you shoud look into getting a more modern client, as even incorrect or unsupported encryption settings are going to start causing you troubles if they haven't already started causing issues.

I would suggest Thunderbird as it is one of the last large good free players still being supported.