E-mail connection keeps failing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbeaton2
New Poster

E-mail connection keeps failing

Almost every time I try to check my Hughesnet E-mail both my phone and computer fail to connect. I get a message that the server has rejected my login due to an invalid login or password, I try to manually put the password in and somtimes it works but mostly not. Since this is happening on both my phone and computer that use completely different systems I have to believe the problem is on the Hughesnet side. This issue has been going on for a few weeks but has gotten much worse in the last few days. Any ideas ? Any help would be appreciated.

17 REPLIES 17
Dbrown88
New Poster

I am having the same problem.  It's beginning to get fustrating not being able to retrieve email.

The entire network is completely taxed due to the people isolating.

Authentication errors to email are temporary and erratic. Best bet is to just try again.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

The last time my phone was able to connect was 3:00 this morning and I have tried about 50 times on my computer, that's not exactly "erratic". If there is a known problem connecting, whether it is just loading or a system issue, it would be nice if Hughesnet would let us know so we don't all waste our time trying to fix it.

The mods are off over the weekend, but network slog has been an issue and discussed ad nauseum here for days.

In the mean time, all you got are us fellow customers and pot luck on phone support.

Try to enjoy your weekend.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Try using the Hughesnet webmail.  It seems to be working ok. 

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the wait. We believe this issue is now resolved. Please test and confirm or let me know if you are still experiencing the same issue.

Thank you

Hi Amanda:

The issue is not fully resolved.  My email client (Outlook 2019) is able to log into the email server, but I cannot seem to completely download my email.  I get occasional tiny bursts.  The duty cycle of the bursts is about ten percent or less.

I have plenty of connedction bandwidth.  I just ran a connection speed test that yielded 41 MB download speed and 3 MB upload speed.   Other sites load quickly.  The bird is functioning great.

Clearly, something has gone wrong with the HughesNet email system, and I dont believe it is connected to the COVID issues/number of users.  Looks to me like a bug somewhere in the module that interfaces to automated client logins.   Please let me know what is going on.  I need to know what to expect.

Thank you very much.

Robert L. Oder

Former Hughes Engineer

Hi everyone,

After escalating again to our email team, they have informed us that should no longer be issues regarding logging in on 3rd party clients. If you haven't already, consider updating your password and trying again. 

To address a second issue reported by @RobertOder -  while the HughesNet system maybe functionally optimally, there may be underlying issues outside of the HughesNet network causing delay in retrieving/delivering emails.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues loggin into your 3rd party clients even after resetting your password.

Thank you

Hi Amanda:

I experienced  login rejections again this morning.  Perhaps the email server lacks sufficient bandwidth to keep up with the number of logins requested?  

I am unaware of any other underlying issues.  What are you referring to?

Robert

desertdave35
Freshman

Me too. I can't even look at my emails on their server. It times out.

Amanda

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting the issues you are experiencing with email. I've escalated this to the appropriate engineering group here, but it may not be until Monday that we get a response.

In the meantime, webmail should work as a workaround.

Thanks

Webmail fails to load also. Problem has steadily gotten worse. I have ten email addresses for different business and personal accounts. At first only one or two addresses had this fault and running send/receive again usually got results. Now, none of the addresses reach the server even after multiple attempts. Webmail accessed on different browsers reports page not found, page will not load.

Problem the same on different computers.

Thank you, Amanda. 

It looks like there a problem at the server in the interface that accepts automated logins friom email clients.  I ran speed tests last night showing excellent speed and connectivity, and low latency while at the same time, my email logins were rejected.  It is working now, but only in bursts with long pauses in between.

I sure hope your staff can get this fixed.  email is a critical resource during this crisis.  I have staff that need it badly.  We are in a rural area with no fiber or copper connections!  The Webmail interface is working, but it is a pain.

Please keep us apprised as to the status of the system.

Thank you very much.

Robert L. Oder

I am having the same problem. Started about a week ago. Has gotten progressivly worse. My user name and password work fine for the web access of my mail. I went to the trouble of changing my password; made no difference.

My neighbor is suffering the same issue. Needless to say the internet is slower than usual.

Hi Amanda:

Has there been any progress on resolving this issue?  

Robert

the last few days i have been having problems with my e mail loading on the hughes web site, just says loading but never comes up! Are they having a problem with it? Do i need to give you another email address so you  can get back with me or will you be able to do it here, Never mind it would be a reply here! My Bad u have got to excuse me had a tiring day. Thanks ahead of time! 

stargate7

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You're piggybacking onto an old thread. Please go back to https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/bd-p/TechSupport, click the blue "start a topic" button and type the post there (you can copy and paste what you have here). 

@stargate7 wrote:

the last few days i have been having problems with my e mail loading on the hughes web site, just says loading but never comes up! Are they having a problem with it? Do i need to give you another email address so you  can get back with me or will you be able to do it here, Never mind it would be a reply here! My Bad u have got to excuse me had a tiring day. Thanks ahead of time! 

stargate7