Did you mean: 

Email logout issue

Distinguished Professor III

Re: Email logout issue

So in short, it's gone wonky. ;P

Associate Professor

So to speak...

A while back, if you got to skylogin first thing in the morning and had a saved password, a box would pop up and all you had to do was enter the password for your password cache and click 'ok', and I was logged into Community. I was always in the habit of hitting 'return' (no coffee) which would almost always send me to the hughesnet phantom zone ("...an error has occurred...").

Well someone fixed that recently by adding a popup that asks for you to enter your creds first. That part works great, but I wonder if that might have impacted the redirect issue.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I've never seen a popup but often in the early morning I get an error message when trying to login; can't remember exactly what it says. Goes away a couple of hours later. 

Associate Professor

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 3.18.06 PM.jpg

My login information is in the yellow boxes. I've just obfuscated them here for obvious reasons.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Distinguished Professor IV

@MarkJFine wrote:

Tried Chrome, and it worked as @maratsade said, follwing an initial login. Logged out, then clicked My Email in the upper right, and it reloaded almost immediately using the cached javascript & css without having to log in again. 

Do you use tabs or do you open all of your tabs as new Windows?  

Also, is the Window/tab on which you're clicking "My Email" the same page which had been open in the email, but which you logged out from the email, and which had subsequently changed to myhughesnet.hughesnet.com?

The reason I ask is that when I log out of the email, but then click "My Email" to go back to the email, it asks me for my credentials, and I'm wondering if it's because all of my new tabs are opened as new windows instead of tabs, whereas you're using tabs (if you are).

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Associate Professor

I'm not really sure what you're asking, but clicking on My Email always opens up a new tab.

The way browsers are supposed to work, each tab should be isolated, and in it's own sandbox for security purposes, like a new window would.

Huh. I've never seen that. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

My login information is in the yellow boxes. I've just obfuscated them here for obvious reasons.

Distinguished Professor IV

@MarkJFine wrote:

I'm not really sure what you're asking, but clicking on My Email always opens up a new tab.

The way browsers are supposed to work, each tab should be isolated, and in it's own sandbox for security purposes, like a new window would.

I have a Chrome extension that opens all new tabs as new windows instead.  Because of this, I was thinking that maybe that's why I'm not seeing what you guys are.  When I click on "My Email", it automatically opens a completely new Window for that email rather than a new tab on the existing Window.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro

In my experience, tabs are not isolated/sandboxed.

@MarkJFine wrote:

Associate Professor

Guess my point is that it really shouldn't matter if it's a tab or a window wrt to the cookies being used for authentication or redirection.