cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email still down

Sophomore

Email still down

Anybody heard when the email system might be back up? It's been since Monday for me.

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Email still down

@Jimjumper 

What's the issue you're experiencing with your email?  Are you not able to sign into it, or do you try and it doesn't work?  

As far as I know, there's no known email issue.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

Email's fine. No problems getting it through Outlook, nor via web mail.

Try clearing your cookies and history. If that doesn't work, try rebooting your modem.

Finally, if that doesn't work, there's likely a browser or email setting that's no longer working for you.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Sophomore

I contacted tech support on Monday when I couldn't get mail at myhughes. They told me that the system had gone down during an update and that it affected all Hughes email users. They told me that it would take 3-5 days to repair. Hughes didn't lie to me again did they!?

Sophomore

Just went to mail.hughes.net. Got the following error "HTTP Error 403 Problem accessing /service/extension/saml2acs. Reason: The account cannot be accessed at this time.

Am I being BS'd or is this a problem they can't fix and they want me to go away?

Assistant Professor

Might be something specific to a group of users that you're a part of.

There was a problem with their authentication on Sunday, but I thought that was pretty much fixed by Sunday evening.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Hello @Jimjumper

Thank you for reaching out to us. Currently, there is a partial outage impacting some customer's ability to access the HughesNet email account. Some users are able to login to the Customer Management center; however, when attempting to access their email they receive the 403 error. Engineering has identified the issue and is currently in the process of resolving this for everyone. We will most likely have this resolved within the week. I apologize for the inconvenience and I assure you we are working hard to recover this.    

-Damian      

Sophomore

After a long chat, the synopsis is: no one knows specifically who is affected. No one knows what the problem is but it has something to do with ongoing maintenance. No one knows when it will be completed. No one is able to post any update information on the website or request that that be done. Supervisors only receive advisories from Engineering so they have no information either. 

I also discovered that my account information is missing, which is worrisome. But they got my billing and payment information spot on! I think I will have to switch to Wild Blue when this is straightened out. 

Sophomore

Thanks, I'll pass that on to my Office Manager.

Sophomore

Day 4. Still no notifications. No resolution. And no email!