FTP protocols for PC program

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emoney250
New Poster

FTP protocols for PC program

I use a police scanner program on my PC to update scanner related stuff from the internet.  I use Whistler EZ Scan which is NOT affected through my newly acquired HughesNet service.  However, the Sentinel program will NO LONGER connect to Uniden server for updates.  I person told me that HughNet will NOT ALLOW FTP protocols (that my Sentinel program apparently uses/needs).  Is there a way to go into the HughesNet router or satellite signal and ALLOW FTP protocols?

thanks all......

4 REPLIES 4
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Hughesnet allows the use of FTP, however, if the scanner website doesn't permit for a promiscuous mode..

Could you get us a screenshot of the error message that comes up in Sentinel?  

Are you able to get to ftp.homepatrol.com and get a login box? 

Amanda

Hi Emoney250,

There are certain adjustments that will need to be made as alluded to by C0RR0SIVE above, but FTP does work over the service. Do you know how to perform a ping test? If so, can you attempt to ping ftp.uniden.com and provide the results?I see some older posts in radioreference.com about the same issue, a couple of people who have HughesNet and do see some of the other users stating it doesn't work unless disabling Web Acceleration. I'm not sure that is the case any longer, but we need to get some more info and troubleshooting first.

~Amanda

Amanda

Hi Emoney250,

I'm just checking in to see if this is still an ongoing issue before we close the thread. Please let me know if you still need assistance.

Thank you,

Amanda

Amanda

Hello Emoney250,

We haven't heart back from you for a while, so this thread will be closed. If you need further assistance or have any other questions, feel free to create a new thread.

Thank you,

Amanda