Fair Access Policy has ‘x’ or unavailable

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thewarehouse
Sophomore

Fair Access Policy has ‘x’ or unavailable

I have not had internet connection for quite a few days now. The lights on my modem come and go. Sadly, I expect this from HN. But I’d like to know more about the FAP status. When I look at the stats on my usage, the FAP has either an x or a dash. One means not working (or I’m guessing I’ve been tagged for excessive use) or it says unavailable.

Just venting below:
I loathe HN service. I am outside on my cell phone, using cell data to check here because even though I’ve used the data with HN, I expect an extremely slow connection because that is what I was “sold”, instead I have none. My cell has a meager 3GB and even when it’s “gone” here I am using it to find out why my HN is not working.
(The latest repairman that came to “fix” my internet replaced the cable- costing me $76- and we still have the same problem. But he tried his absolute best to get me into another 2-year contract by telling me to sign up for a business account- which supposedly it matters not if you have a legitimate business- make up a business he suggested. I **do** have a business but I’m not signing up with HN any longer than necessary. Oh yes, and he told me that residential customers mean nothing to HN. Great representation there, HN.)
6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The tech shared his opinion about HN with you; or did he show you memos written by the company's staff stating that the company doesn't care for its residential customers? If you have any proof, you may want to contact the press; I'm sure they'd compensate you quite well for the scoop. Without positive proof, you're just spreading baseless rumour.

The venting part? This isn't a venting site; it's a tech support site.  May want to try social media; it's the ideal place for futile ranting and venting. 

As for paying to have things fixed -- this is the reality everywhere: car repairs, plumbing repairs, roof repairs,satellite system repairs .... There's a charge to get these things fixed.

And no one is forcing you to stay with a company you loathe; drop them if you don't like them. Free country and all. 

The HN staff on this site is on M-F around 8-5 and I imagine someone will look into your claims and into your tech issues

thewarehouse wrote:
I have not had internet connection for quite a few days now. The lights on my modem come and go. Sadly, I expect this from HN. But I’d like to know more about the FAP status. When I look at the stats on my usage, the FAP has either an x or a dash. One means not working (or I’m guessing I’ve been tagged for excessive use) or it says unavailable.

Just venting below:
I loathe HN service. I am outside on my cell phone, using cell data to check here because even though I’ve used the data with HN, I expect an extremely slow connection because that is what I was “sold”, instead I have none. My cell has a meager 3GB and even when it’s “gone” here I am using it to find out why my HN is not working.
(The latest repairman that came to “fix” my internet replaced the cable- costing me $76- and we still have the same problem. But he tried his absolute best to get me into another 2-year contract by telling me to sign up for a business account- which supposedly it matters not if you have a legitimate business- make up a business he suggested. I **do** have a business but I’m not signing up with HN any longer than necessary. Oh yes, and he told me that residential customers mean nothing to HN. Great representation there, HN.)

Where is your comment regarding the Fair Access Policy, @maratsade? I think I missed it in all the rest of your reply. Oh! Wait, I think it was the “staff is on M-F” part. Thanks.
maratsade

Great, you got to the last part of my comments -- good for you.  You're most welcome, and bless your heart, dear. 

thewarehouse wrote:
Where is your comment regarding the Fair Access Policy, @maratsade? I think I missed it in all the rest of your reply. Oh! Wait, I think it was the “staff is on M-F” part. Thanks.

In regard the FAP- I found this page which helped me understand a little better about it (but still would like a tech to help me understand my particular circumstance): https://legal.hughesnet.com/FairAccessPolicyGen5.cfm
Link included for others who may come across this post with the same kind of issue/question.

I’m posting for legitimate reasons here. And I can “rant” if I like within my post. Free country and all.
maratsade

[Begin comment] Good for you, you found info about the FAQ.  Great job, and thanks for thinking of others and posting the link. 

As for ranting, this is a tech support site, not a ranting site.  And yes, some of your post, the non-ranting part, is for legitimate reasons. The rest is ranting and rumour-mongering. [End comment]

thewarehouse wrote:
In regard the FAP- I found this page which helped me understand a little better about it (but still would like a tech to help me understand my particular circumstance): https://legal.hughesnet.com/FairAccessPolicyGen5.cfm
Link included for others who may come across this post with the same kind of issue/question.

I’m posting for legitimate reasons here. And I can “rant” if I like within my post. Free country and all.

Liz

Hello thewarehouse,

Thanks for your post. I looked up your account and am glad to see you already have a new dispatch arranged to address your current connectivity concerns. As your modem is currently not online, I'm unable to run any diagnostics on your site. I hope the next site visit goes well and gets you back online!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!