Follow-up

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Don23805
Freshman

Follow-up

* haven't checked in in a couple months, and didn't have email notification preference set (now do).

* on the no HughesNet with Sonos . . . I checked with Sonos.  They asked what router (Hughes) I had, and looked up specs.  He "was surprised, by the specs" that it worked at all.  He recommended, and I bought ($70 at Amazon) a Netgear Nighthawk model.  That is sufficiently capable that both services coexist now.  The Hughes router feeds the signal into theNetgear, which does the wifi and ethernet connections.  Last week I relocated both routers from 2nd floor to attic to maximize wifi coverage.  The Netgear has one ethernet extension cable to the 2nd floor ethernet switch, which feeds all the devices.

* on slow HughesNet service . . . appreciative of the 6 month reuced rate, but a.) it's half over; b.) file download speeds are still in the 20-30 MBps range.  So are The Engineers any closer to a solution, or do they have to wait for the next gen space shuttle, Liz?  I see that T-Mobile and Verizon are in the process of rolling out 5G home internet.  Shoud I wait, or explore?  We're not getting any younger. 

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Don23805 wrote:

* on the no HughesNet with Sonos . . . I checked with Sonos.  They asked what router (Hughes) I had, and looked up specs.  He "was surprised, by the specs" that it worked at all.  He recommended, and I bought ($70 at Amazon) a Netgear Nighthawk model.  That is sufficiently capable that both services coexist now.  The Hughes router feeds the signal into theNetgear, which does the wifi and ethernet connections.  Last week I relocated both routers from 2nd floor to attic to maximize wifi coverage.  The Netgear has one ethernet extension cable to the 2nd floor ethernet switch, which feeds all the devices.

Are you using the WiFi from both the HT2000W and the Netgear, or have you disabled the WiFi in the HT2000W.  I ask because of the possibility of the signals of the two interfering with each other.  Usually, when using a 3rd party router, the WiFi in the HT2000W should be disabled.   

BTW, which router did you get?  Is it the R6700 (AC1750)?  Netgear makes great routers.

Yup, turned off  Hughes wifi.  Got thr R6700v3.

Good morning Don23805, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi Don,

Thanks for popping in. You stated "file download speeds are still in the 20-30 MBps range" so I'm not sure what we should be addressing. I also just ran diagnostics on your site and we're delivering 40.304 Mbps to your modem. Can you please detail what concern you have about your HughesNet service so we can better address?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!