cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For service above and beyond

For service above and beyond

I recently had my first real MAJOR problem with my system. The modem kept rebooting for no reason what-so-ever knocking me off the Internet as well as cut out my phone. The really bad thing was it started on a Friday night so I really had to wait until Monday for help. (I don't call phone support, I go straight to the big dogs)

Liz and Amanda jumped in and made sure that everything possible was done. It took a week to track done the intermittent problem but today I am back online without interruption.

Liz and Amanda are the best and I vote that they get a raise.

jezra, before you say it.....

YES

27 REPLIES 27

Re: For service above and beyond

Always nice to hear good news once in awhile.  What was the source of the problem?

Honorary Alumnus

This forum and the Hughes employees that run it are the Hidden Jewels of the Hughes support system.

Care to share with us the root cause of your failure ?

Liz and Amanda are both sweethearts but Liz need to put her picture on her avatar.  What was it I suspect a firmware problem?

We aren't 100% sure but the problem ended when the power supply and power cords were replaced and just to be on the safe side the modem was also replaced. But this was after they replaced the cable run and the radio,  so for all practical purposes  they installed a new system.

They started with a new modem, then replaced the cable run. When that didn't fix it they put in a new radio. Still no success. Finally Jim, the tech, decided to replace the power supply and cables and at the same time Liz and Amanda were able to pull some diagnostics that also pointed toward the power supply. Jim replaced the power supply and cables and just to be on the safe side the modem, in case the bad power supply had damaged it.

It was one of those things were you take you car to the mechanic and tell him it's making a noise but when the mechanic starts the car it's not there. Jim would run it through all the tests and it would pass with flying colors. He would leave, and this is no joke, as soon as he got off my driveway it would go out.
Alum

Being a Automobile Technician I know what you mean.

My first modem, a DN6000, gave very bad performance.  The modem was replaced with equally poor performance.  Eventually, the power supply was replaced and all was well.  But it took a long, elapsed time.

Wait, how do you know Liz doesn't really look like a sliced lemon?.......... Smiley Tongue