HughesNet Community

For the month of October I averaged 665kbs download and 149kbs upload. Yes, thats a K.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cadmax70

For the month of October I averaged 665kbs download and 149kbs upload. Yes, thats a K.

For the month of October I averaged 665kbs download and 149kbs upload.
2 REPLIES 2
Amanda

Hi cadmax70

Welcome to our community and thank you for reaching out to us. I could not see any historical tests on your account - what website did you run these tests on and do you have a link or screenshot to the log of tests with the times they were run?  Do you know if you had exceeded your allowance at any point this month?

Additionally, have you performed any troubleshooting such as rebooting your modem/router/computer, trying safe mode on your PC or testing the speeds without a router or with another device? 

Thanks,
Amanda
Chris11
Alum

Hello cadmax,

Just to add some more info to this, the most effective site in measuring a satellite connections speed is at www.testmy.net. This is also recommended by our engineers when we are escalating a customer site for remote repairs due to slow downs etc. Using manual tests of 12 MB for DL and 2 MB for UL. Hopefully that is where you've been running your tests. If not, feel free to run a few there and post your results for a preliminary review. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris