cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frontier & Charter unlimited $29 a month for about the same.

Highlighted

Frontier & Charter unlimited $29 a month for about the same.

Worst internet service--I agree. Frontier & Charter $29/mo unlimited. Sit in McDonalds & download movies. So SAD.
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Re: Frontier & Charter unlimited $29 a month for about the same.

Hi Roxanne

There is a bunch of ISPs like Charter and Frontier that can offer unlimited and faster speed for less.  The thing is there are millions of folks who cannot get Frontier or Charter of any other land based ISP.  That is where HughesNet and Exede come in, to service those areas that no one else will.  If any other ISP is available go with it land based will always beat out Satellite.  Even Satellite TV has it's problems like line of sight, rain fade, cost, and delay.  It is the nature of the beast and physics will apply and cannot be changed. 
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

If you have Charter and/or Frontier ground based cable available then by all means you should switch. They are not without their fair share of complaints either.
Highlighted

Neither service where I live as well. There's more than one way to get old and new movies in theaters than sitting back & drinking coffee, which I don't drink either. Not a prisoner to coffee or anything else. If you have no resolve, then why are even on this forum? Waste of Internet space.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Roxanne, if you would explain in more detail what the problem is with your service then perhaps Jezra, the official reps and some of us others customers could try and help make it a better experience for you.

My wife and I watch Netflix movies with playback set to low definition. Two advantages, doesn't use near the data amount plus connection has to be really really slow for it to buffer.

Should not stream in HD with capped satellite service.
Highlighted

Hi Roxanne

I was going to mark Pawnee County's post as the official response, because this is essentially what we would have said. Except.. technology is getting cooler, faster and more innovative. No way we'll be able to beat Fiber and in 15 years, Fiber internet will look like dialup. But in 15 years, HughesNet can bring 15 times better than what they've got today. We get bigger and better every new launch, so I wouldn't put us out just yet. We won't always be the best in the world, but we'll be there when no one else is.

Amanda
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

And right now the "beloved" Frontier and Charter have chosen  NOT to invest and serve many rural areas despite their much lower cost basis.

I am frequently baffled by the high regard that some folks hold for these terrestrial ISP's after they have thumbed their noses at many of us. That is exactly what they have done by choosing not to serve our areas.

Highlighted

I know some folks with fiber and it isn't close to the speed I get from HughesNet.  A buddy of mine has fiber DSL and he gets 6 to 7 mb/s at best, when I get 18mb/s with Hughes the lowest I have ever got was 5mb/s during peak times.
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

For the last year I could have Frontier DSL with "upto" 24 Mbps.

So far I've passed on that. Every time it rains my Frontier land line phone service gets scratchy and I've already "worked" with their support folks. Just to report a phone outage is like a root-canal.

Hughesnet, I understand.