cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GEN 5 SPEED DOES NOT TRANSLATE TO MY SMART TV >8- I

New Poster

GEN 5 SPEED DOES NOT TRANSLATE TO MY SMART TV >8- I

I have talked with numerous techs have done numerous speed test ( which by the way I can now do in my sleep - NOT FUNNY ! ) With 25 mbps and an allowance of 30 MB; I should be getting better then 200,300,400 sometimes a rare 600 kb's connection on my smart tv, on a continous level day and night - Sun thur Sat. I know not to expect the full 25 mbps but, I should be able to get a hole lot more then 200,300,400, etc.( like maybe half ) On my Smart TV. I can get 2,000 kb's or better Hot Spotting off my phone after using up my phones Hot Spot allowence. If I can do that what's up with Hugesnet ? VERY, VERY, VERY, U N H A P P Y ( not saying what I really would like to say ) Looking for action not words.

4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: GEN 5 SPEED DOES NOT TRANSLATE TO MY SMART TV >8- I

@VIZIO_MIND 

When you're experiencing this issue, have you checked your speed with another device?  Preferably with a device that's connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable in order to eliminate any possible problems with WiFi.  testmy.net is the recommended site (and required when troubleshooting), as is using the manual 25MB test size for a download speed test.

And you're going to get "words", as troubleshooting is the way to find the cause.  Without knowing a cause, no action can be taken to fix a problem.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

Yes I've hook the same ethernet cable from the TV to a laptop and it gives me good readings. When I speed test it with testmy.net. And, I know what your going to say that it must be the TV but, it can't be the TV 'cause I can get 2,000 + kb's with the Hot Spot from my Galaxy Note 8 phone. And when I try the built in duel wi-fi 2g and 5g I get the same very low kb's reading with testmy.net.

@GabeU wrote:

@VIZIO_MIND 

When you're experiencing this issue, have you checked your speed with another device?  Preferably with a device that's connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable in order to eliminate any possible problems with WiFi.  testmy.net is the recommended site (and required when troubleshooting), as is using the manual 25MB test size for a download speed test.

And you're going to get "words", as troubleshooting is the way to find the cause.  Without knowing a cause, no action can be taken to fix a problem.  

Distinguished Professor IV

@VIZIO_MIND 

Actually, that's not what I was going to say, as I had only started the troubleshooting process.  At this point, I think it's best if the reps try to help you. They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They'll likely reply tomorrow.  

@Liz 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hello @VIZIO_MIND ,

Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. Please private message me the phone number associated with your account and I will run diagnostics on the equipment. 

-Damian