cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gateway Limited Connectivity

Highlighted
New Poster

Gateway Limited Connectivity

Might poor Satellite performance he related to poor Gateway performance? On several occasions the last two days, Gateway Connectivity Test flagged "Limited connectivity to the gateway". I power cycled the Modem/Repeater without any effect on Gateway performance.
Is this a beam issue or was their an IP issue.
If poor performance was caused by the lack of dynamic IP address availability, should I move to a Static IP?
That is an option with my HughesNet Buisness plan?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Distinguished Professor I

Re: Gateway Limited Connectivity

@Noseeum

Weather at your gateway can cause issues in the same way as weather at your location.  Whether this is what's happening is hard to say. 

You should call 800-347-3272 for Business account support.  The help you can receive here is very limited due to this site being geared for Residential customer support.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hello Noseeum, thank you for reaching out to us. You could experience a drop in performance if there is a limited connection to the gateway. Does your dish have a clear line of sight with nothing blocking its view to the sky?

Noseeum, It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.