cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gave an honest (critical) response to a Hughes survey. No luck getting phone help to address issues

Highlighted
New Poster

Gave an honest (critical) response to a Hughes survey. No luck getting phone help to address issues

See screen shot below. This exchange was after someone called me from Hughes when I easn't home, and only left the tollfree number that doesn't allow the customer to speak to a live person. I have mutiple complaints: slow, unreliable service, inability to stream, modems that need frequent replacement, and my 20 GB monthly use going to zero in the first few days of each month. I now have a home office--can Hughes support me or do I need to switch?

[e-mail address removed to protect privacy]

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 3.25.10 PM.png

4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Professor I

Re: Gave an honest (critical) response to a Hughes survey. No luck getting phone help to address iss

Your best bet right now is to wait until this coming week when the corporate reps on this site can look at your case numbers and see what's what. They'll sort this out for you.

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Gave an honest (critical) response to a Hughes survey. No luck getting phone help to address iss

@LouieCastoria 

You should delete your email address from your post.  Keep in mind that this is a publicly viewable site, and posting your email address in public can cause you to start receiving all kinds of spam and phishing emails.  You can edit your post by clicking the three dots to the upper right of the message body.  

Edit:

@LouieCastoria wrote:

and my 20 GB monthly use going to zero in the first few days of each month. 

This may simply be a matter of your devices using your data, whether as a result of your activity, their own or both.  Most devices need to be locked down in some way in order to not use more data than is necessary.  Cloud service, internet connected satellite TV receivers, syncing, frequent updates, streaming, etc. can all use a lot of data.  

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Re: Gave an honest (critical) response to a Hughes survey. No luck getting phone help to address ...

Good morning Louie,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'd like to address your concerns so I pulled up your account to review your case notes and run diagnostics on the HughesNet system. The notes indicate that a WiFi Booster is suggested, and the diagnostics support this. The HughesNet system itself is working normally, with the HughesNet modem receiving 30 Mbps in download speeds right now. However, the devices (EPSON6097A9 and MacBookAir) on the wifi network only have a fair signal strength. If you can't move those devices closer to the modem to improve the signal strength, our WiFi Booster which extends the range of the the wifi network may help. 

As a longtime valued customer, I can send you a complimentary WiFi Booster to address your concerns. Private message me the address to where you would like the booster shipped.

To add onto what Gabe said about unidentified data usage, you may want to look into using a third-party data monitoring program to help you pinpoint the programs on your PC that use the most data. Community members have suggested and used GlassWire, so feel free to ask them for tips on using it: https://www.glasswire.com

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Re: Gave an honest (critical) response to a Hughes survey. No luck getting phone help to address ...

Good morning Louie,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.