Gen 5 will not work, Hughes is unable, or unwilling, to solve the problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tim1966
Sophomore

Gen 5 will not work, Hughes is unable, or unwilling, to solve the problem

Ever since I upgraded to Gen 5 I have had problems with the connection; either very slow speeds or unable to connect to the internet at all.  I have talked with customer support several times and have had a service technician come out as well.  The last time the tech was out he replaced ALL of the equipment on my end, still no change.  The problem was referred to the engineers and all they said was that,  "The engineers investigated the account and concluded that the site is running fine."  NOT!!

The errors I get are:

12.7.1 A transmit problem has occurred

12.7.2  A transmit problem has occurred

12.1.12   A transmit problem has occurred

12.1.9   A transmit problem has occurred

23.1.1  TCP acceleration is down

I hope that someone at Hughes can figure this out or I need to go back to Excede, I never had a problem with them, I just changed to Hughes because of all the hype about the new Gen 5 speed.  It turns out that the Gen 5 is slower for me because it is very seldom 100% operational. This problem is intermittant, I can tell when it is having a transmit problem because the internet connection is real slow.  

3 REPLIES 3
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Aedan
Senior

Good Morning tim1966,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear about this issue and will do my best to assist you. I already spoke to your installer. I am going to troubleshoot your system more and will get back to you soon. Thanks. Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

-Aedan
Aedan
Senior

Hello tim1966,

I have escalated your case to our engineering department. They are already aware of the issue that you are experiencing and are actively working to resolve it. I have also sent you some additional information, so please check your private messages in the top right-hand corner.  Thanks. Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

-Aedan