cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HN9000 Sysyem light blinking since power outage

Highlighted
Freshman

HN9000 Sysyem light blinking since power outage

Had a power outage a couple days ago, System light has been blinking ever since. Tried hard and soft reboots. When I get into the 192.168.0.1 thingy, and click on the little guy icon, under Terminal Initialization Sequence it shows:

Self Test          Passed

Satellite Downlink Signal          Acquired

Commissioning Software          Download beginning.......

I left in in this state overnight, and there is no change.

I called Tech Support, they basically said since I was Gen 3 there wasn't a lot they could do. So I signed up for Gen 5, but the install isn't until 4/24. Anybody have any ideas, so I get have Internet again before the Gen 5 install?

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10

Re: HN9000 Sysyem light blinking since power outage

Good morning tattooed,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting and providing these details. I've pulled up your account and I'm in the process of trying to reregister your modem to see if I can get it back online. Your modem may reboot a few times and re-registration will take about 20 minutes. I'll check back on your system in about half an hour if I can reach your modem.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

Just FYI, I'm still down, no changes.

Good morning tattooed,

Thank you for the update. I've sent you a complimentary modem which should arrive soon. You may return your HN9000 in the same box the replacement arrives in, and the return label should be in the box or outer pouch. Let me know how that new modem works, and if you have additional concerns, don't hesitate to drop by the community again.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

Sweet, thanks Liz!

Will update this thread once I get the new modem installed. Is it just plug and play?

Marty

You're welcome Marty, it better be! Haha, once it's plugged in, give it 20 minutes to register before trying to browse the internet. If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to drop by the community again.

Thanks,
Liz

Freshman

The new modem acts the same as the old one. Oh well, Gen 5 install has been moved up to next Thursday, so I'll just hotspot from my phone until then.

Senior

Talk about customer service! Liz really went the extra mile for a Gen 3 customer.

I have always had the same experience.

I always suggest Hughes to my neighbors for this reason.

Liz is Da bestest!

You will like your Gen5 , It is amazing ! The price compared to what is available around here speed, and price is uncomparable! We have only 3.45 Mbs speed with 4G lte so called "unlimited" , which is not true, they do throttle you at some point..

For the price of Gen5 , it's the best  thing going!

Hughes Rocks !

BeatnikCat.png

Hi Marty,

Oh no, that definitely wasn't expected. I'm glad to hear your Gen 5 upgrade visit was moved up to this week! Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page, I've sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Liz

Freshman

Thanks Liz. Even though it's still down, I really appreciate your efforts!