HT2000W Modem Powers up but no receive or transmit and no internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Larryipc
New Poster

HT2000W Modem Powers up but no receive or transmit and no internet

We recently had a system installed at our cabin. Our cabin is run off of batteries and an inverter system that we turn off when we are not there. Last time we were there it powered up, all the lights come on while loading, after a while the lan and WiFi lights come on but no system, transmit, or receive lights. I can login into the router and it shows no signal. We have a neighbor that recently became a dealer/installer and had us try the modem on his system but it did the same thing, no satellite signal. He thinks the modem might have a problem?
6 REPLIES 6
Amanda

Hi Larryipc,

I can definitely assist with this. This particular problem will require a modem replacement. I'll have one sent out to you at no cost. After swapping it out, you'll need to package and return the old modem, then send it back to us using the pre-paid label enclosed on the packaging. 

Thanks,

Amanda

Thank you Amanda. Do I need to do anything or will you get it sent out?

Hi Larryipc,

I've already opened a case and created the shipment order. Generally you would get this in 2 business days, but the holidays might slow that down a bit at the post.

-Amanda

Hi Larry,

Just checking in. I see that there was an issue setting up the modem but a technician is scheduled to come out today. Please let me know how it goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you,

Amanda

Hi Larry, It's been a while since we've heard from you so this thread will be closed. If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to create a new thread.

Thank you,

Amanda

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I lived off grid using solar and battery power for a number of years using HughesNet. May not be your problem but be sure to use a pure sine wave inverter and make sure it and the HughesNet equipment is bonded to the same ground. I would do this as a safety measure regardless whether it has to do with your present problem.

Inverters that put out modified sine waves can play havoc with sensitive electronics.