HT2000W Router Password reset

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Craigwsr
Freshman

HT2000W Router Password reset

My question to the group is why i can't reset my HT2000W router password. I need to reset the password but nothing which includes pressing the reset button for more than 30 seconds works. I tried to power up the router while pressing the reset button but, that does not reset the router password to admin nothing i have done works. Any suggestions? And before I did the power up reset option I disconnected the power for over 1min. I emaile tech support on this problem however all they said was press the reset button. Suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
Aedan
Senior

Hello Craigwsr,

I see that you're new here, so welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Please follow the following steps below to reset your router password.

•    On the back of the HT2000W (right under the white label), there is a Reset button.
•    You may need a paper clip (or some small/thin object to insert in the hole).
•    Insert the paper clip and press the button one time and release. DO NOT Hold it down!
•    Afterward, press the WPS button on the front of the HT2000W.
•    After HT2000W comes back up, you can login using one of the passwords on the back of the HT2000W.

Please let me know if you have additional questions. Thanks.

-Aedan

-Aedan
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Aedan

Though the instructions mention the process resetting the radio passwords back to the factory defaults, does it also reset the GUI password back to admin?  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro

I did exactly what you told me to do The HT2000W will not let me in. I can't get past the password which is what the problem has been since day 1.

well, the ball is back in your court

Hello Craigwsr,

Thanks for posting. Please ensure that you press the reset button only once and immediately after, you held the WPS button for at least 30 seconds. Please let me know the results. Thanks.

-Aedan

-Aedan

I have done everything to the router as instructed and STILL NOTHING as far as gaining access to my router through the admin command. I have reached my wits end with this router and believe that it is defective and needs to be replaced. Where do I find the correct channel to file a complaint in this matter.

thank you

@Aedan wrote:

Hello Craigwsr,

Thanks for posting. Please ensure that you press the reset button only once and immediately after, you held the WPS button for at least 30 seconds. Please let me know the results. Thanks.

-Aedan

Hello Craigwsr,

Thanks for posting. We are sending you a free replacement modem, which will arrive in a couple days.

Please look out for it and let us know if this resolves the issue. Thanks.

-Aedan

-Aedan
Aedan
Senior

Hello GabeU,

Thanks for posting. Since it is a factory reset, the GUI password should be reset to admin. Thanks.

-Aedan

-Aedan
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Craigwsr, from what I've read about the HT2000W if you pressed the reset button for 30 seconds or more then it may have lost all its configuration settings.