cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HT2000W not connecting to WAN

Freshman

HT2000W not connecting to WAN

Modem/wifi router Does not connect to WAN. System is only 3 weeks old. Dish is firmly mounted. All physical connections look good. System has been rebooted several times and only the power light and the LAN comes on modem. I can connect my devices only to router via WiFi but can not connect to the internet. Any help would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Freshman

Re: Unhappy Customer

Simular thing is happening to me right now. It's as if the whole thing is a scam. I got my system installed 3 weeks ago. First week it worked but was dog slow. Last week modem can't connect to the WAN. Hence no internet connection. Still no connection and still no help from customer service. Mr. Hughes. Fire them all and start over.
Assistant Professor

Re: Unhappy Customer

@NorCalPitbulls

I've read the problem you already posted (no WAN) and this is exactly NOT the same as yours, unless you ordered a Business account and got Residential.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Assistant Professor

Re: HT2000W not connecting to WAN

Let me understand this correctly: Your devices can connect to the modem via wifi, but can't get out to the internet?

1. Is any of the devices connected to wifi able to go to http://192.168.0.1?

2. Can you get out to the internet if you use a LAN cable with your computer?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Tutor

Re: HT2000W not connecting to WAN

Check http://192.168.0.1/index.html#!/home/status to see if you have RSS of 15. Regardless, I suggest you unplug the modem from power and disconnect the coax for a minute. Then reconnect the coax and then add power. Maybe you can gety back online. There seems to be many causes of the SQF15 error that can be cured with the coax dance.