HT2000W running really hot

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Breninithaca
Sophomore

HT2000W running really hot

My HT2000W is running really hot. Hot enough that it hurts to touch the top of it. The sides and front are also hot but not like the top is. Internet is slow but not horribly so. Device is in the same place where it has always been and has plenty of space for air circulation. There is an air conditioner running in the house and the room is around 72 degrees. Should I be concerned? I'm wondering if I should unplug it and let it cool down.

2 REPLIES 2
Liz

Hi Breninithaca,

Thanks for posting, that information helps. I don't know the temperature threshold for the HT2000w modem, so I've sent your feedback to our modem expert for his insight. In looking at your diagnostics, everything is indicating that the HughesNet equipment is working normally (although I see you are out of data, which would explain the slower than normal speeds). I can also see the modem temperature, but there are no red flags regarding that. Once I get an update from the engineer I will let you know if we should be concerned!

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi Breninithaca,

Thanks for your patience; the engineer reassured me that your modem temperature is fine and that we won't need to replace your modem.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!