cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Data loss issues again

Highlighted

Having Data loss issues again

Having Data loss issues again, normal for my wife and I is about 1/3 to 1/2 of our 10GB per month, all of a sudden we are blowing through the entire 10 GB in 2 or 3 days and our internet habits haven't changed. we don't stream movies or music and only online for an hour or two at most per day
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Having Data loss issues again

Hi Jim,

Welcome and thanks for posting. We can help address your concerns. First you want to isolate your computer and run a malware scan. This way we can ensure there isn't a virus that's using your connection without your knowledge. 

We can't tell what is using your data, but you may want to look into using a third-party data monitoring program to help you pinpoint the programs on your PC that use the most data. Community members have suggested and used GlassWire, so feel free to ask them for tips on using it:https://www.glasswire.com

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Hi Liz, this is the third time this is happening, the first time it was on your end, I don't know what they found but my usage returned to normal after 2 phone calls to tech support, the last time it happened, tech support convinced me it was on my end and I wiped my hard drive and reloaded everything, it didn't fix the problem..... this time my useage has skyrocketed and this morning i used 2 Gb just looking at this page in like 20 minutes.
Highlighted

Hi Jim,

If ever there's any suspicion that HughesNet is the cause of unidentified data usage, please follow these steps:

We are happy to escalate any proof of the HughesNet modem to our engineers to address.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.