cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get tech support?

Sophomore

How do you get tech support?

I don’t think my hardware is good but there isn’t a tech support you can call to come out and check. How do I get someone?
6 REPLIES 6
Professor

Re: How do you tech support?

I wonder if you can request a tech visit — you’d have to pay for it, of course.
Sophomore

Re: How do you get tech support?

I have asked but keep getting directed to communities.
Distinguished Professor IV

@Kaiserfamily

Unless the reps see a reason to initiate a truck roll during their remote diagnostics of your system they won't do so.  Hardy, from your other thread, would have run those diagnostics as one of her troubleshoot procedures.  If she had seen something amiss she surely would have said as much.  And by something amiss I mean with your equipment or its setup, not with any system adjustments she tried.  You can always request a tech, regardless, but you'd have to pay for it.  The last I knew it was $125, but that may have changed.  

Chances are, because nothing was said by Hardy about your equipment or its setup, having a tech come out would be a waste of time and money.

And please don't get me wrong, I feel for you and your streaming issue, and I truly wish it was working better for you.  I'm only speaking of a truck roll, here.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Professor

" You can always request a tech, regardless, but you'd have to pay for it.  The last I knew it was $125, but that may have changed.  "

Honestly, I'd pay for one, if it were me, even if it did end up being a waste of time. 

Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

" You can always request a tech, regardless, but you'd have to pay for it.  The last I knew it was $125, but that may have changed.  "

Honestly, I'd pay for one, if it were me, even if it did end up being a waste of time. 

I wouldn't.   Anything that the tech could find that would or could be affecting the system the reps can see an indication of.  Even something like water in a coax connector. 

That's just me, though.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi Kaiserfamily,

I did review your account and all your equipment is fine. The only thing I see that could be causing the slow speeds is that there is no data remaining on the account. 

*Felicia*