How horrible hues net is

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angry1987
New Poster

How horrible hues net is

I have had this internet service for about 2 weeks. we get crappy internet service. i have called tech support at least 8 times and cannot get this fixed. how do i get out of this!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You can try posting your issues here and have someone help you. There are Hughesnet employees here that can check your account and see how many times you have contacted tech support and what has been done so far, and there are also very experienced customers who can help you with technical issues. If you want to cancel, you will need to call customer service. If you cancel, you will have to pay an early termination fee, which in your case would be $400.  

So, how much sense does it really make that since day one of hook up, we haven't been able to get service and they would charge us an early termination fee??  What company penalizes a customer when they cancel because they are not getting the services that they thought they were going to be paying for from day one??  Not a very good company.  They have seen that we arent' getting good connection when tech support actually did try to see what the issue was.  This is a known concern.  We literally can not use this service and a tech hasn't been back to out home to see what the problem is.  No one has reached out to us and it's been a nightmare company to deal with.  No concern for their new customer what so ever.  That's ok.  There is always Google, Yelp and a whole community of online websites that I can blast this company with negative reviews.  Not a good way to gain business but a really good way to lose business.  

maratsade

"What company penalizes a customer when they cancel because they are not getting the services that they thought they were going to be paying for from day one??"

All ISPs have a 2-year contract and there are penalties for terminating early.  Hughesnet did not invent this;it's an industry standard. The process is to work to solve the issues and get your system working -- if it does not work after an intervention, the company has discretion to waive part or all of the early termination fee.

GabeU

@Angry1987 wrote:

No one has reached out to us 

Yes, they did.  Jorge is a company representative.  

This is a support community.  This is the tech support section.  You posted, a rep replied.  

It also appears that advanced support did call you.  

Jorge
Alum

Hello, Thank you for posting on the HughesNet community. I have looked into your account and saw that you recently had a callback from our advanced support department but it looks like you had to reschedule. If you still have any questions or concerns after the call, please let us know.