cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How+is+it+that+Hughes+Net+can+provide+internet+services+but+noy+Wi+Fi?

Highlighted

Re: How+is+it+that+Hughes+Net+can+provide+internet+services+but+noy+Wi+Fi?

My Toshiba doesn't have a disk.. Now, the printer has a setup CDROM.
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Mel,
When you get it up and running go through the settings very carefully !
Disable all cloud services, disable auto updates and automatic services.
My HP network wired/wireless printer, if given free access to the internet would have a field day with my data allowance.
Highlighted

Hughes net does offer wifi but u have to purchase a wireless router. This can either be done through the company or at a merchant store like walmart kmart or target. Office depot and etc.. it is a lot cheaper to purchase through walmart . And belkin is one of the better brands
Highlighted
Alum

Hi Mel,

I hope everyone's suggestions are able to help. Please let us know if you have anymore questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Chris
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Mel,

The disk I was referring to is the printer setup CD.  You will need it to run the setup for the printer, and it's during that setup that you would connect the printer to the computer wirelessly.

Does your Toshiba laptop have a CD/DVD drive?  The reason I ask is that some of the much smaller ones do not.  If it does, pop the printer setup disk in and it should give you setup instructions.  Make sure you choose to Direct Connect wirelessly when you get to the part where you can choose how to connect.   

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit