cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to get a number ported?

Highlighted
Freshman

How long does it take to get a number ported?

I am still waiting to get my phone number ported to my HughesNet phone. I need to stop the old service because it costs me every day it is still running. I need to know so I can cancel my HughesNet phone service before the 30 days if they are not going to port. I need the old number for several people, including government agencies, to contact me and if Hughes is not going to port I need to know? This is VERY important.
26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted

Re: How long does it take to get a number ported?

Hello Patty

Good question! Porting your voice number takes 10 business days. If it has been longer than that, please let me know. 

Thank you
Amanda
Highlighted
Freshman

I had the service installed on Sept. 29. I would say since it is Oct. 11 it has been over 10 days.
Highlighted

Hi Patty

I understand you had the service installed on the 29th, but what day did you submit the porting information? It would be 10 business days from that date.

Thanks
Amanda
Highlighted
Freshman

I applied on the 30th but I was told 10 days, not 10 business days. But ok. It should be up by Friday.
Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Telephone number porting time depends mostly on how quickly your previous phone service provider moves on releasing your number so that it may be acquired by your new service provider.

You may want to contact them to see what their policy is in releasing numbers, and make sure they have a work order in place.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Highlighted

Hi Patty - I see you activated the service on the 30th, but I don't see that your porting information was submitted to us. After your service was activated did you log into our site and submit your phone number and previous provider information?

-Amanda
Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

http://voice.hughesnet.com/porting/
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Highlighted
Freshman

I filled out the form and submitted it on the 30th. I did the whole account thing and went to the porting request and filled it out and submitted it.
Highlighted

Hi Patty

I don't see its processed or submitted at all.. If you did submit it then we did not receive it or it is not reflecting at least for me. Did you get a confirmation email that it was submitted to your email address?

Amanda