Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ht2000w and streaming

Jackenheil
New Poster

Ht2000w and streaming

Hi,
I changed something on my routers settings last night and my ability to stream Netflix went away. I've tried factory resetting my tv and soft reset of the modem. I have internet connectivity because I can search the web. Amazon prime, netflix, and disney plus will no longer connect through my hughesnet service. If I use my cellular data hotspot everything works.
Can someone please help. It seems as if hughesnet isn't allowing me to stream and I do have data available. I get an error nw-2-5 from netflix that I've never gotten in last 2 years.
28 REPLIES 28
Sergio
Freshman

Re: Ht2000w and streaming

I am getting the exact same issue you described, however I have not changed any settings. Please note that I can stream channels through my TV...And my internet is working perfectly for everything else except what is mentioned below:

-I cannot connect to Netflix via my smart tv through Hughesnet.  I have an ethernet cable running from modem to tv.  Until 4-5 days ago, I could.  I have 98% data remaining in my plan.  
-I cannot open youtube on my smartphone and play a video.  Will not work.  If I disable wifi from Hughesnet modem and use cellular data...no issue.

-I cannot open and play a video which has been sent via text message, using wifi (Hughesnet).  Can walk outside and turn off wifi, and use cellular to open and play.

I truly believe Hughesnet has disabled this functionality for the time being.  It's pitiful...I've only had Hughesnet for 11 days.

Seriously frustrating.  If this is Hughesnet service...No thanks.  I'll cancel and they can come get all this stuff.

Sergio
Freshman

I solved the issue!!!!

I disabled "Web Acceleration" on the HughesNet system control center site.  Everythiing works as it did before now.  I have no idea why, and I don't care. Give it a try buddy.  Hopefully it'll work for you.

Sergio

mle
Freshman

where is the HughesNet control center site? 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@mle wrote:

where is the HughesNet control center site? 

You can disable Web Acceleration here.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Sergio
Freshman

Well, I spoke too soon.  I had to leave the house for a little while, and when I returned, it's the same thing again.  I'm pulling my hair out!

mle
Freshman

I pulling my hair out too. I’ve called customer service 4 times today and it keeps hanging up on me saying there are no representatives to answer my call. It’s been three days now that I’ve been trying to get in touch with them. I tried to live chat today for an hour with no luck.

We pay a lot of money for this service and we only use it to stream movies with Netflix.
Jackenheil
New Poster

im in the same boat. 

Only used for streaming. never have issues. its usually slow but weve adjusted. its never not worked like now. And theres no tech support.

The internet seems to work. i can surf google. cannot connect to Netflix. or prime. or disney. 

Any other suggestions on things to try/check?

Tags (1)
mcleod1518
Freshman

I am also having the same problem. My wife and i can not upload any videos for or business because of this issue. We can not manage any of our videos we already have up as we cannot acess our services. Why would hughes net restrict people from a service they pay for. Will there be any compensation for this unwanted restriction?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@mcleod1518 wrote:

Why would hughes net restrict people from a service they pay for.  

HughesNet isn't deliberately restricting access to anything.  If access to a site is not working, it's an issue, not deliberate.  However, this doesn't mean that having a difficult time streaming, as in buffering and/or things taking a long time to open, isn't as a result of congestion and activity prioritization.  As of 3/18, HughesNet is giving priority to more important activities, like educational and business collaboration software usage.  During high calls for this type of activity, streaming will take a back seat until that call reduces.  And, as stated, congestion itself will affect these activities, and right now congestion is very high.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro