Hughes Net/Roku/Hulu

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DKT
New Poster

Hughes Net/Roku/Hulu

I recently purchased a Roku Express.  I downloaded the Hulu app and activated.  I am unable to watch anything on Hulu...tells me I have no internet connection.  I have contacted Hulu...they have helped me as much as they could.  I contacted HughesNet, no luck there either.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can use my Roku and Hulu while on HughesNet.  Do I neet to switch Internet providers?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

DKT

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@DKT 

Are any other services working with the Roku Express, or is Hulu the only one you've tried at this point?  

I'm not at all familiar with the Roku Express, but did you use it with HughesNet to download the Hulu app?  Basically, what I'm trying to determine is if the Roku Express is not connecting to HughesNet or if it's the Hulu app itself.

Edit:  I don't know that this will necessarily help, as I don't believe it's a speed issue, but another thing you can try is turning off, or pausing, the Video Data Saver.  

Liz

Good morning DKT,

Thanks for reaching out, did Roku suggest disabling wifi interference mitigation? I'm not sure if this is available on your model Roku, but here are steps on how to disable it: https://sites.google.com/site/rokucomlinkaut/home/preventingrokudirectwi-fiaccessfrombreakingthrough...

We have had other customers report issues with earlier Roku models.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Liz wrote: 

Thanks for reaching out, did Roku suggest disabling wifi interference mitigation? I'm not sure if this is available on your model Roku, but here are steps on how to disable it: https://sites.google.com/site/rokucomlinkaut/home/preventingrokudirectwi-fiaccessfrombreakingthrough... 

I was looking for that when I first saw DKT's post.  I remembered that you had suggested changing or disabling something with Roku in the past, but for the life of me I couldn't remember what it was and I couldn't find it by looking through your comment history, which I now know would have taken scanning back through 27 pages and about 840 comments to find.  I made sure to bookmark your reply this time so I have it in the future.  🙂 

Liz

Good morning DKT,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!