Hughes Usage Meter

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wpsmith
New Poster

Hughes Usage Meter

Just upgraded to GEN5 some 3 weeks ago.  Downloaded the new Hughes Usage Meter.  It is not working and there is a Java error "unexpected token".  My OS is Windows 10.  My computer is a Dell Inspiron 530 with a 32bit processor.  I used the Windows 10 program troubleshooter and it says that the Hughes Usage Meter is an incompatible program.  How do I get a compatible Hughes Usage Meter??  Bill in Montana

4 REPLIES 4
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

The latest version, 6.6.1 is Win10 compatible, just M$ hasn't "tested" the program to verify it yet...

Can you screenshot the error and post it for us?  I suspect it's a bad config file that will need to be deleted.

At one point they changed the name from something else (I forget off the top of my head atm) to Usage Meter. There really should have been instructions to uninstall the first one before installing the new one, and I recommend that be done: Uninstall all versions of HughesNet (whatever) Meter from your machine, then re-download and re-install v6.6.1. This way you know you have a pretty clean system with new stuff on it with all the right registry links (if they still even do that) and cache files generated in the right places. It should work after that.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@wpsmith

See the following post (and the other posts in the thread, if needed).   This is an error that has happened to a few of us, but it actually pretty easy to fix.  

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Usage-meter-javascript-error/m-p/74827/highlight/tru...

Edit:  The name of the location in your computer would be slightly different for you, as the post was directed at a user named Vampy.  

The bold area in the following location will be whatever the name of your computer is:   C:\Users\Vampy\AppData\Roaming\HughesNet Usage Meter\

That's right... Status Meter was the old name. Usage Meter is the new name.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.