Hughes Voice Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveMyers
New Poster

Hughes Voice Service

I really hope someone can me out here, since I had HughesVoice installed in May 10 of 2017, my wife has complain about persistent outgoing voice broken up, everyone she talks to on the phone says her voice is fading in and out and is broken up but she can hear them just fine. Well thinking it might be the phone, I went out a bought a new cordless phone but the issue was the same. I reported this problem to CS on 6/19/2017. The customer service agent had a very diffcult time in understanding and hearing me from the fading in and out.He place me on hold so he do some trouble shooting on his side he said.When he came back on the phone he said he could hear me just fine and the issue was resolved, I said great, thanks for your help. On 6/20/2017 one of the kids called us and could not understand my wife with the fading in and out,incoming voice is just fine, the issue was not resovled. "A happy wife is a happy Life"
Since the internet and Voice was installed, the internet works great has you can tell by my data usage, I have checked to in sure all cables were plug in and not lose and have rebooted the ATA.
My Case # 104562191
My equipment:
AT&T cordless phone
Hughes HT2000W PN#1505215-0203 F....SN# BX0012093687A4 (All 6 lights are lit)
ATA is a Cisco SPA122..Serial #CCQ19521DGS...MAC 188B45AC5FAQ...PID VID SPA122-RC V04...TAN 74-9319-05 A0 (all 3 lights are lit)
I have my 2 PC's using the home network works just fine
6 lights on the modem
3 lights on the ATA
PC's and the internet work excellently
I double check all connections per your provided diagram and via the ATA manual and it looks like the installer did it correctly
I really would like to get this problem resolved ... right now, I am paying for services including hughesnet voice would like to see something to show for my up to date paid subscriptions.
If I have to go back to CenturyLink for phone service to keep my wife happy what kind of penalty would I have to pay?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Dave

23 REPLIES 23
Liz

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting and including all this useful information. This greatly helps and can get us working on addressing your concerns. Do you have an estimated time for when your kid called on 6/20? Also, please send me the phone number from which they called via private message. Click my name to get to my profile page where you can see the button to send a message.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Tom Hughey
Sophomore

Hello, I am having the same issue. I first ordered my Hughes phone on 9/20/13. I was very satisfied with its performance till I upgraded from Gen4 to Gen5. Traded in my 1100 modem for the 2000 modem. The phone has not performed well since. I have a particlar number that I've been calling since the original installation in 2013. The party I speak to when calling was amazed at how clear my voice was. Aside from the minimal latency, the phone was almost like a land line. Not anymore. When I call this person now, the sound that he hears is unintelligable. I can hear him just fine. Same thing if he initiates the call to me. If I terminate the call and ring him right back, the sound quality at his end improves enough such that he is able to understand me, but, no where near the quality of voice I had with Gen4. The time that these calls are made is between 7am and 8am., usually on Saturday or Sunday. Sometimes during the week in the early evening.

Another number that I call is another one of Hughes Phone subscribers. Of course, there is a lot more latency but that is to be expected. We can no longer call one another because of poor voice quality.

Can you help us? I have not contacted Hughes Service yet.

James Hughey

Liz

Thanks for the PM, Dave. I got a very quick turnaround on this from all the relevant engineers; they are testing a fix for this in one beam before rolling it out nationwide. Once rolled out, this should address the call quality. Once I get any new updates on the impending fix, I'll post back here.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hey Liz, that's great news, what kind of time line are they looking at for the roll out -weeks-months-unknown? Unfortunately we need a working phone, you are aware of in todays world a phone and internet are just about a must and in our area cell phones don't work. If I need to cancel the voice service can you hekp me cancel it since the phone doesn't work? Will I be charged a pentaly for cancelling the service that doesn't seem to work? I also really appreciate your understanding, patience.
Thxs
Dave

Hi Dave,

So far the testing has been successful and showing improved call quality, our engineers are going to monitor that beam for another week before moving forward. They expect to have the fix rolled out nationwide in a few weeks. Please check your private messages; I will PM you shortly to further address your concerns.

I have same problem, started service on gen 5 on May 27th, 2017. Called customer servie at least 15 times, hours on the phone to them, worst customer service in existense. What to do or is it that Hughs Phone Service simply does not work?

Good morning Dave,

The latest update on the fix for the degraded outgoing call quality is that our engineers' goal is to have it rolled out by first week of August. Should this change, I will let you know.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Hi Liz, wow that is great news. We are going to try and hold on for the roll out and see if that resolves the isuue before we make a change. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thxs Dave

You're welcome, Dave.

Please also check your PMs, I've sent you an additional note there.

Hi unhappycustomer,

I'm sorry to hear that, we can help you here in the community if you would like to work with us. Just start your own thread to get started.

Liz do you work for Hughenet.? I called and ordered Hughesnet gen 5 and voice and got gen 0 and a tin can and some wire.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Do you want to get help for your issues or do you want to post just to complain and be sarcastic? If the former, then you may want to begin your own thread and someone will help address your issues. If you want to show off how sarcastic you can be, you are wasting your own valuable time.  Maybe you need to look for another company that you may like better.

Hi Dave,

Thank you again for your patience as we work through this. Our engineers have recently rolled out the update to one gateway for observations before determining whether to deploy to all gateways. We will be checking in with the engineers daily next week for an ETA for the nationwide update release and let you know as soon as we have news to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Hey Liz

That's great news, we are looking forward to it please keep me posted has you can.

Thanks Dave

Hi Dave,

Got an update from engineering today! The terminal code to address the outgoing audio quality is expected to be rolled out everywhere by July 19. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Hey Liz, thats great news, I'm jazzed. It should would be nice for me to stop hearing the wife say "can you hear me now" everytime she says that I get a dirty look from her (LOL) I bet you are glad as well as this will free you up for more important things, I can't wait...

thanks for the update

Dave

Hi Dave,

This morning, the update has been rolled out nationwide to address the outgoing audio quality on HughesNet Voice. Please let me know if you see any improvements.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Hey Liz, thats great news I will be listening to the wife on her call in the morning and will let you know....

Dave

Hi Liz

Our phone service just is not working at a reliable level. You gave me a case # to help avoild ETF is that case number still good?

Thxs

Dave

It sure is. Once a customer gets a case number, they have it on their account history forever.