cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HughesNet customer for 2 month. Wish to have sales call reviewed. Used email venue. This was response.

Highlighted

HughesNet customer for 2 month. Wish to have sales call reviewed. Used email venue. This was response.

My Request:

I would like my sales call reviewed for misrepresenting HughsNet Service. I am on record for calling about this. I have a very difficult time relating to the phone staff and have decided to try this avenue of communication. You will note that I have disconnected my equipment last month (no activity) and have all equipment boxed and ready for return. I am not officially canceling my service at this time. My intention is to be able to cancel without penalty and just return required equipment. I am hopeful that after your review you will find in my favor and we can just part ways. Thank you for you attention in this matter.

HughesNet Reply:

Dear Mr. Baker,

Thank you for contacting HughesNet Support. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you today.

I understand that you are requesting for your call to be reviewed. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, your time and efforts are highly appreciated.

Mr. Baker, I'm afraid that we have no capability to review the call on our end. For you cancellation concerns, please call our Account Management at 1-866-347-3292. They are open from 7am to 12 midnight ET.

I hope that I have addressed all your concerns to your satisfaction today.

You may receive an email survey asking for your feedback about your support experience today.  Please take the time to complete the survey as this helps us continue to improve our service. Your participation is well-appreciated!

If you have additional questions please contact us at 1-866-347-3292 or you can chat or email us through Support Center: http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com, we are open 24/7 to be of assistance.

Your case ID for this issue is 

Again, thank you for contacting Hughes Support. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Tara Lewis

HughesNet Representative

I am looking for help initiating a dialog with someone who would be familiar with my situation and not just a random person in Account Management. I deleted the above case number for this post, but if you need it let me know. Thanks.

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted

Re: HughesNet customer for 2 month. Wish to have sales call reviewed. Used email venue. This was response.

Hello loscoyotes,

Welcome to our community and thank you for reaching out to us. We would be happy to see if your sales call is available for review, however it would be good to know what to look for. In what specific way do you feel the service was misrepresented? Hope we can sort this out.

Thanks,
Amanda
Highlighted

Re: HughesNet customer for 2 month. Wish to have sales call reviewed. Used email venue. This was response.

Hi Amanda, thank you for your quick response. We are not techies. We are in our late 50's. We were former cable internet subscribers and were experiencing frequent outages. We were always told how much better satellite tv was, so we switched from cable to satellite. It was better. We just assumed it would be the same for internet. The sales girl was nice enough and seemed very excited we were switching over. She asked about our usage and told us the plan we picked was more than adequate as far as streaming, internet ect. The data seemed like alot, although again, we are not techies.The first month seemed ok, although we did have frequent buffering. A new billing cycle came I believe it was on a Saturday. My wife was under the weather, so we watched movies and shows all day. The following day, we could barely get anything to stream and the internet was slow. Imagine my surprise when we were told we used our entire data for the month in one day! No ill will, no ranting and raving, no bad mouthing HughesNet, I would just like to cancel my service without penalty. Hope you can help. Thanks.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Amanda, the official Hughes rep will reply tomorrow, but can't stream hours and hours on satellite internet especially in high definition. It is a capped service similar to cell phone data plans.

The first month you get unlimited data for 10-20 days depending which system you are on. Did you receive an email explaining this?

Honestly, as soon as you mentioned streaming the salesperson should have dug deeper into what you were expecting and explained the limitations of satellite internet when it comes to video streaming.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

as soon as you mentioned streaming the salesperson should have dug deeper into what you were expecting and explained the limitations of satellite internet when it comes to video streaming.
Is there a handbook or manual or website, like a Hughesnet for Dummies, that explains all of this in easy to understand language? 
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Don't we all wish. If there was one, the sales people should get the first copies and sign an oath that they read it.
Highlighted

I agree.  The system is more difficult to understand and manage than other forms of internet access,  and people coming from cable internet or other ground services expect this will work the same way. Big shock ensues. There's a big communications gap. It'd be great to have a plain English website for newbies.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Also agree but that still doesn't fix some sales people misleading potential customers as to satellite internet capabilities before the sale.

Have to wonder what the discipline is when a salesperson knowingly misleads a potential customer and had all the proper training. I know if I ran a company they would be fired immediately.

Looking forward to results from this sales call.
Highlighted

Also agree but that still doesn't fix some sales people misleading potential customers as to satellite internet capabilities before the sale.
I think some get a bit too enthusiastic and slip into exaggeration mode. I imagine they're trained to sell and to present the product in its best possible light, but there surely are boundaries. The reps here have mentioned that they contact the salespeople who are found to mislead customers. I would imagine/hope professional development comes before sanctions. 
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

My point being "if they received proper training" already then out the door. Heck with professional development.

My military side coming out I suppose. Those handling bombs aren't allowed professional development. Why training is very rigorous. I was taught training is on the top of the heap during my military time.

How we got cooks back in my day, now that is civilian contracted like many things.