cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HughesNet customer for 2 month. Wish to have sales call reviewed. Used email venue. This was response.

Highlighted

Re: HughesNet customer for 2 month. Wish to have sales call reviewed. Used email venue. This was response.

Hello loscoyotes,

Just wanted to let you know I have not forgotten about you. We are waiting on the results of your call review and hope that I will have a response soon. Thank you for your patience

Amanda
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: HughesNet customer for 2 month. Wish to have sales call reviewed. Used email venue. This was response.

I totally get your point, BirdDog, and I agree.  I just don't know that they have actually received proper training. 
Highlighted

Hi

Just an FYI this particular sales group has very strict policies for their sales agents. Data allowance, bonus time and making sure the customer understands the Anytime and Bonus byte split are a priority. Things like not hinting that the service is unlimited, "virtually unlimited" as well as knowing what activities are not recommended on the service - from the list provided to agents: online gaming, VOIP, VPN, day trading, ebay last-minute transactions, surveillance cameras  and anything that requires time sensitive connectivity. This is all explained in extreme detail to the sales agent through training on how the service actually works.  More examples are things like explaining clearly that the card used to place the order will be used to auto-payment, the 24 month commitment, ETF, lease fees... you get the idea. 

If these kinds of things are not explained it is like Birddog says - out the door. Monitoring can take time, so things can slip through the cracks. That is why we are here.

Amanda
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

That's good to hear Amanda. Does sound like that group is given rigorous training before being allowed to complete sales to potential customers who have no idea what satellite internet is and the limitations.
Highlighted

Hello loscoyotes,

We've received the results of your call review and I have placed it below:

- The agent questions the customer to see what they do online. The customer explains did mostly basic usage, streamed some and did not game.  The agent did read the streaming disclosure, which explains the data allowance and how much streaming time the customer would expect with the Prime Plus plan (about 15 hours). 
- Since there were going to be two people using the service, the agent pitched the Prime Plus plan and covered the speeds, data and bonus bytes correctly. 
- All final terms and conditions are covered with the customer, and they do not have any questions about the performance expectations.  

Please let me know if you have any further questions 

Thank you
Amanda
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Amanda, that sounds great. Without proper training things can get derailed soon. 
Highlighted

I am hopeful that based on my initial correspondence, HughesNet will give me the benefit of the doubt, chalk this up to an uneducated consumer, and allow me to walk away from my contract with HughesNet without penalty. As stated previously, all equipment is boxed up and ready to ship back.
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

loscoyotes, did you and still have other ISP's available, especially ground based cable, when you signed up for satellite internet?

Satellite internet is for us folks with no other good viable options for decent internet service.
Highlighted

Hi BirdDog,

As I had stated earlier we were cable customers at the time we signed up for HugesNet, however we had become disenchanted because of frequent service outages for whatever reason and no, other than the cable company, there were no other options. Again we thought that satellite internet was just like satellite tv so we really did not research too much ( at all ) My bad, but I am hopeful HughsNet will take my careless lack of research into consideration when deciding if they will let me out of my contract. Thanks for your concern!
Highlighted

Hi Amanda, I noticed that my issue is still listed in progress, but have not heard anything. Thanks for the update!