Hughesnet Community

HughesNet is not a solution it is a burden!!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaiserfamily
Sophomore

HughesNet is not a solution it is a burden!!!!!

I have had HughesNet for less than 1 month with more down time than up time. Every time my speed drops below 5 Mbps I reset my router. This occurs anywhere from 6 to 10 times a day. I am using wifi to connect 2 TV's and 3 cell phones. These are not running at same time. Usually just 4 out of 5 going at once but a lot of time just 2 devices running at a time. Support has not been able to help other than to tell me to reset the router.

Any ideas???

2 REPLIES 2
MarkJFine
Professor

It’s possible that one of the sites you’re hitting is jamming up the router. Might try to notice which one before it happens again.

That said, your other post intimated your problem was solved for a goodly period of time. Why is it suddenly different?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

You got me. Even the technician came out again and discovered a broken cable and wrong configuration. He was the one who set it up. Every day we go through slow to no internet speed. Customer service does not pick up after 5pm or on weekends so I can never get any support. I pay very close attention to what we are watching and hitting on our hand held devices. If I could find another ISP I would be gone in a heart beat.